Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

2 users browsing this thread: (1 member, and 1 guest).
Abraham

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Law of Attraction=Pheromones
one eye this
Surprised?

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Law of Attraction=Pheromones
02-13-2020 1:13 PM

To bring a few things into the conversation, I'll quote from here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_att...w_Thought)

The Law of Attraction : the belief that positive or negative thoughts bring positive or negative experiences into a person's life.

Phineas Parkhurst Quimby gets credited with a lot of this stuff, but we've been here before with religious and occult teachings long before Mr. Quimby. In particular, it has been inspired by Hermeticism, New England transcendentalism, specific verses from the Bible, and Hinduism. These thoughts evolved into the self help industry today. The history section of the Wikipedia article deals with the evolution of these thoughts and I am familiar with most of the works. I'll casually mention alchemy although it should never be mentioned casually, and I don't want to trivialize any of these other influences.

And critics will say things like confirmation and selection bias. They are right, of course, since most evidence is anecdotal and self-selected, and subjective.

But...

The part of this that I personally find useful is the knowledge that positive thoughts encourage positive actions that result in positive outcomes. I don't buy the fact that you simply think about something and stuff happens. I do think, though, that without positive thinking your results will suffer. That isn't so much a law of attraction or some mystical, occult, or religious thing, although to me those can be useful vehicles to arrive at positive thinking.
Many things happen regardless of our knowledge of them, or how they work. Children have strong imaginations and if that's all it took the world would be a wild place. The other side of this is that negative thinking would always bring bad things into your life. This isn't true either, as plenty of people get good outcomes with nasty attitudes.

It's not a law, and people that say that are trying to sell you something or get you to believe something. It is common sense that you can change yourself and a lot of the world around you with a positive attitude and consistent focus on what you want, but it will require positive action as in your examples above, and even if these actions are rooted in the mind, the mind alone will not be enough.

To the extent that pheromones can influence thinking, feelings, and actions, then yes, they tie into any belief system you have about such things. So does religion, exercise, philosophy, verbal and non-verbal conversation, and caffeine. The list of these things is near endless. Pheromones fit in such a larger picture as less than 10% of the influence. As everyone knows, the last few % can tip the scales, all other things being even.

Before anyone becomes too passionate, realize it's my opinion, and I can be wrong.

You are the evil scientist of your desires.
02-13-2020 1:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Law of Attraction=Pheromones
02-13-2020 1:27 PM

100% correct. As per the original posting in this thread, positive attitude and thoughts bring out positive actions, which create positive reactions that net positive results.

I do agree that utilizing the law of Attraction as merely, if I think it, it becomes reality is a bunch of malarky; as nothing happens without congruent action (as in wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one is filled first). However, the thematic element of changing oneself to align better with their desired outcomes and then taking the proper courses of action remains true.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2020 1:28 PM by Gladen.)
02-13-2020 1:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can pheromones really CREATE attraction? budfox 22 7,567 01-25-2016 9:17 AM
Last Post: renny
  What pheromones/combo should I order for (sexual) attraction? Perception 4 3,154 01-13-2014 4:52 PM
Last Post: KIMBA
  Don't trust the hype about pheromones and sexual attraction jvkohl 2 2,823 08-20-2011 10:36 AM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas