Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there another name for horse Methoxyestratetraenone? I can't find it online!
Sweet.J.25
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Is there another name for horse Methoxyestratetraenone? I can't find it online!
05-22-2019 9:08 AM

Methoxyestratetraenone, the horse-derived pheromone that I've read on the forum is blacklisted by pheromone companies for causing possible health problems...does it have a different scientific name?

I tried searching for it on Google Scholar, OVID Medline, and PubMed, and all three came up COMPLETELY empty.

Any references or links would be appreciated!
05-22-2019 9:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thundr
Vendor

Sex: Male

RE: Is there another name for horse Methoxyestratetraenone? I can't find it online!
05-22-2019 9:53 AM

Estra-1,3,5(10),7-tetraen-3-ol-17-one

aka Equilin?
05-22-2019 9:53 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

RE: Is there another name for horse Methoxyestratetraenone? I can't find it online!
05-22-2019 10:03 AM

(05-22-2019 9:08 AM)Sweet.J.25 Wrote:  Methoxyestratetraenone, the horse-derived pheromone that I've read on the forum is blacklisted by pheromone companies for causing possible health problems...does it have a different scientific name?

I tried searching for it on Google Scholar, OVID Medline, and PubMed, and all three came up COMPLETELY empty.

Any references or links would be appreciated!

Oh man, I used to get some quality hits while wearing this stuff. I don’t ever remember reading any actual studies that talked about this being harmful.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
05-22-2019 10:03 AM
metaltree

Rep Post

05-22-2019 10:12 AM

MEO - EST
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2019 10:12 AM by metaltree.)
05-22-2019 10:12 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Sweet.J.25
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

05-22-2019 11:42 AM

(05-22-2019 9:53 AM)thundr Wrote:  Estra-1,3,5(10),7-tetraen-3-ol-17-one

aka Equilin?

Thank you thundr! "Estra-1,3,5(10),7-tetraen-3-ol-17-one" came up empty like the others, but Equilin looks like the correct (or at least closest) compound.

P.S., Apparently, it's used in hormone replacement therapy for post-menopausal women.

Reference:
Ito, F., Mori, T., Tarumi, Y., Okimura, H., Kataoka, H., Tanaka, Y., ... & Kitawaki, J. (2019). Equilin in conjugated equine estrogen increases monocyte-endothelial adhesion via NF-κB signaling. PloS one, 14(1), e0211462.
05-22-2019 11:42 AM
jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

05-30-2019 12:55 PM

lol there are many things to worry if u think mcgs of meo is bad...pollution...fast food...water contamination.Drunk
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019 12:55 PM by jb20.)
05-30-2019 12:55 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

05-31-2019 6:34 AM

(05-22-2019 10:03 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Oh man, I used to get some quality hits while wearing this stuff. I don’t ever remember reading any actual studies that talked about this being harmful.

I read a post recently, I will try to find it again. It explained that Methoxyestratetraenone was detected in women with breast cancer. NOT that it caused it, only that it was detected.
Which leads me to wonder...
People using pheromones have been concerned about a correlation that MEO somehow caused cancer, which is what we seem to hear on the phero forums.
Reading further down in this topic, Equilin (another name for meo?) is used in hormone replacement therapy for post menopausal women.
I also know they use hormone therapy to treat certain cancers. Reading this thread makes me wonder if that is why meo was found in some women with breast cancer.
Perhaps MEO got its bad wrap from showing up at the wrong time and wrong place? Perhaps showing up in women who had breast cancer because they were being given MEO (Equilin) as part of their treatment theropy? The article that cited MEO as being detected doesn't mention how it is that a human woman produces what is an equine hormone...could it be that this is what started all our (phero users) concerns about MEO?

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
05-31-2019 6:34 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

05-31-2019 7:43 AM

Excellent question!

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
05-31-2019 7:43 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Rep Post

05-31-2019 11:10 AM

Without knowing the original article that began the who Methoxyestratetraenone debate, it's impossible to backtrack to see if the article lists, for instance, the ages of those with breast cancer involved in the source study.

Were they previous recipients of Equilin of any sort?

Were all women In the article/test with breast cancer found to have MEO?

Or only some women?

Like say, women who may previously had hormone therapy that included some form of MEO?

Cancer hormone therapy often is used to inhibit estrogens, so it would be likely if MEO is showing up, it's because of a previous treatment.

We don't have answers for any of this, well, at least I don't Big Grin

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
05-31-2019 11:10 AM
Abba
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

05-31-2019 2:24 PM

Big Pharma at it Again - Ooops!

Toxicol Lett. 2010 Apr 1;193(3):224-8. doi: 10.1016/j.toxlet.2010.01.012. Epub 2010 Jan 22.
Equine Estrogen-Induced Mammary Tumors In Rats.
Okamoto Y1, Liu X, Suzuki N, Okamoto K, Kim HJ, Laxmi YR, Sayama K, Shibutani S.
1Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794-8651, USA.

Abstract
Long-term hormone replacement therapy is associated with an increased risk of breast, ovarian and endometrial cancers in women. Equine estrogens are a principal component of hormone replacement therapy; however, their tumorigenic potential toward mammary tissue and reproductive organs has not been extensively explored. A pellet containing equilin was inserted under the skin of female ACI rats and the development of mammary tumors was monitored. Histological examination revealed premalignant lesions such as apocrine metaplasia in whole-mount preparations of mammary gland from the equilin-treated rats. ACI rats given 10mg equilin developed palpable mammary tumors at 13 weeks of treatment, and 37.5% of the rats developed mammary tumors within 15 weeks. For 2.5mg equilin, palpable tumors were observed in 8.3% of the rats after 8 weeks' treatment; the frequency was lower than that (42.9%) observed with 2.5mg E(2). No tumors were observed in the untreated rats. Evidently, equilin is a mammary carcinogen, and this potential may be associated with development of breast and reproductive cancers in women receiving hormone replacement therapy.
Free PMC Article
05-31-2019 2:24 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Methoxyestratetraenone? Alpha Dream 25 13,787 04-07-2016 2:38 AM
Last Post: GoergeFocky