Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Insanity
RussianWolf

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Insanity
07-15-2019 7:35 PM

One more for the road...

I was walking on the beach and admiring the sunset, when a woman standing on the pier motioned for me to come over. She said she had to ask me something, she said she had a question. She said, “Why do bad things happen to good people?”
That’s when I noticed the fishing pole.

She quickly pulled a worm out of a container and then impaled it on a big sharp hook. I watched as the worm squirmed, it was definitely in pain. Then she gave me a backwards glance that said, “What’s taking you so long? Answer the question.”
I repeated her question in my head. Why do bad things happen to good people?

She cast her line in, and her bobber immediately went under, she set the hook then aggressively reeled in a small fish. She said it was too small to keep and proceeded to take the hook out, but the fish had swallowed it. She used some pliers and pulled out some flesh. The fish was flapping and bleeding. She cast it back into the water and after struggling for several minutes; the fish died and floated back to the surface.

In a way, she was acting like a god. Like a hand coming out of the heavens and grabbing you by the body and impaling you on a hook… and never thinking it was an evil act. She saw it as fun and something to do…

Look at it from the worms perspective. Look at it from the fish’s perspective. Look at it in this perspective.

A stranger stands at the edge of your yard and casts a treble hook with a chunk of meat on it. Your pet then swallows it. The fishing pole is then reeled in hard and fast, and this hook is now lodged in its throat. When the line is pulled in close enough, the stranger then holds it up by the line, with the poor creature dangling from it. They take a few selfies for memories sake, then rip out the hook and try to do it again.

It’s all about perspective.
I call it madness, some call it normal. Others call it survival.

The madness is being disconnected.

If you’re starving and catch a fish, you’re going to thank that fish and be grateful and appreciative. At that moment, you are very connected.

Disconnected is taking one bite out of a chicken leg, then tossing it in the garbage, as if it were plastic. It was a living conscience being sacrificed to the god of appetite.

Hold onto your beliefs loosely, and hold onto your truths tightly.
07-15-2019 7:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

RE: Insanity
07-15-2019 10:50 PM

(07-15-2019 7:21 PM)RussianWolf Wrote:  when I was younger I wanted to get a mynah bird.

Mynah's are beautiful exotic birds but generally do NOT fare well in captivity and are really hard to take care of. On the other hand, of all the species of Macaws, the Blue and Gold's probably fare best in captivity and are among the most even tempered.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-15-2019 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread