Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Insanity
RussianWolf

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Insanity
07-14-2019 11:38 AM

The definition of insanity.

A family’s dog goes missing. They put up signs and offer rewards, but all to no avail.

It’s later discovered, that a neighborhood boy had taken the dog, boiled it alive, and then ate it.

The family is horrified, the community is shocked. Questions arise. Who could do that to an innocent animal? Where were the parents?

Eventually, the case is brought to trial. The verdict is guilty. Nothing can bring their dog back, but in some way, it’s a small victory. So, the family decides to celebrate by going out to eat, and they all order Lobster.

Hold onto your beliefs loosely, and hold onto your truths tightly.
07-14-2019 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

RE: Insanity
07-15-2019 12:15 PM

I particularly like how you worded this one. All things are taken into account, with the exception of emotional attachment. My pets are my friends; I cannot ever recall having any sort of feelings or attachment to a lobster (which I don't eat anyway...too much work for too little payoff).

While I'll concede your point, I personally don't see that so much as a definition of insanity, but more of a philosophical debate of where does one draw the line from non-human part of my circle and just another creature. I reference the dog versus pig debate by Jules and Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction as an echo of this ideology.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019 12:16 PM by Gladen.)
07-15-2019 12:15 PM
RussianWolf

Rep Post

07-15-2019 3:12 PM

Thanks Gladen,

I think you're right, maybe madness would be a better term.

I've seen pulp fiction but not sure of the reference. I'll assume it's saying that pigs are just as smart as dogs, if not more so.

The underlining issue is that a lot of people don't recognize that the pig or lobster is a conscious being that just wants to be happy, like every other creature, including man.

Most people think that pigs, cows and chickens are living on some small farm and they're happy. It's quite the opposite. The pain and torture these animals go through is barbaric.

Yet, if you try to show someone the reality on this... they don't want to look at it. Therein lies the madness...

Like someone claiming to be an animal lover, while barbecuing a dead carcass on a grill. If they want to say they're a dog or cat lover, that would be more truthful. Like the "bird lover" who takes the only animal that can fly, clips its wings and then puts it in a cage for it's entire life. If you loved the bird you would set it free. The world has gone mad. It's no wonder animals run away when humans approach. They can sense it.

07-15-2019 3:12 PM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-15-2019 3:22 PM

(07-15-2019 3:12 PM)RussianWolf Wrote:  Like the "bird lover" who takes the only animal that can fly, clips its wings and then puts it in a cage for it's entire life. If you loved the bird you would set it free. The world has gone mad.
Which is why I refuse to ever own caged pets, it goes against my very nature. Now I do have fish in my pond, so one can argue that i am a hypocrite, but my few fish each have about 30 times their required space and will live a happy, decades-long life with more space than any other domestically farmed and raised counterpart could ever dream of.

I think the madness you are speaking of, at least from my own personal point of view, is that people proclaim something, and get hurt over it when it intrudes on their own personal "safe space"; but never realize that their actions are counter to their proclamations.

That is a point well-taken and now it shall be time for me to do some internal housekeeping to ensure that I am a warden, and not a patient.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
07-15-2019 3:22 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

07-15-2019 4:06 PM

(07-15-2019 3:12 PM)RussianWolf Wrote:  Like the "bird lover" who takes the only animal that can fly, clips its wings and then puts it in a cage for it's entire life. If you loved the bird you would set it free. The world has gone mad. It's no wonder animals run away when humans approach. They can sense it.

My bird and bird cage. Her wings were clipped once when I first got her, but haven't been clipped again in over 3 years, and I actually try to get her to fly, but she doesn't really like to.

You'll also notice the the door to the cage has been removed and she is free to come in and out of her cage as she pleases.

(07-15-2019 3:22 PM)Gladen Wrote:  Which is why I refuse to ever own caged pets, it goes against my very nature.

The cage is actually the birds home, and as long as they aren't locked in them that is where they want to be for good parts of the day and when they are ready to go to sleep. My bird oftentimes does not want to even come out of her cage, and will become irritated with me if I try to make her come out

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-15-2019 4:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-15-2019 4:11 PM

(07-15-2019 4:06 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  My bird and bird cage. Her wings were clipped once when I first got her, but haven't been clipped again in over 3 years, and I actually try to get her to fly, but she doesn't want to.

You'll also notice the the door to the cage has been removed and she is free to come in and out of her cage as she pleases.
My bird oftentimes does not want to even come out of her cage, and will become irritated with me if I try to make her come out

And that, my friend, is truly how one should keep an avarian pet! Thank you for the lesson.

07-15-2019 4:11 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

07-15-2019 4:46 PM

(07-15-2019 4:11 PM)Gladen Wrote:  And that, my friend, is truly how one should keep an avarian pet! Thank you for the lesson.

Yes it is. You'll also notice that she has a huge cage: 6ft X 4ft X3ft, which is really what size cage the larger Macaws should have.

When I first got her she came with a 6ft X 2ft X3ft cage, and she slept outside of her cage on the upper corner for the first couple of months, until she realized that she wasn't going to be locked in the cage ever again, then she was happy to go to her cage and climb inside on her perch when she was ready to go to sleep at night.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-15-2019 4:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-15-2019 4:48 PM

(07-15-2019 4:46 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Yes it is. You'll also notice that she has a huge cage: 6ft X 4ft X3ft, which is really what size cage the larger Macaws should have.

thank you again for teaching me something. I'd rep you if I could, but the system won't let me rep the Grand Pubah
...back to you Comrade Coyote (sorry, I could not think of a word for Wolf that started with C

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019 4:49 PM by Gladen.)
07-15-2019 4:48 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

RussianWolf

Rep Post

07-15-2019 7:15 PM

(07-15-2019 3:22 PM)Gladen Wrote:  That is a point well-taken and now it shall be time for me to do some internal housekeeping to ensure that I am a warden, and not a patient.

Thanks Gladen, i appreciate your thoughts.

the mind is a tool, it's not meant to rule.

07-15-2019 7:15 PM
RussianWolf

Rep Post

07-15-2019 7:21 PM

(07-15-2019 4:06 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  My bird and bird cage. Her wings were clipped once when I first got her, but haven't been clipped again in over 3 years, and I actually try to get her to fly, but she doesn't really like to.

Beautiful bird. I spent some time in Peru and saw them fly in flocks... kinda crazy, you don't see that around here. We had actually rescued a hurt baby macaw. And these flocks of macaws would come down near it. I had only seen them flying overhead, but now they were landing in all of the trees and seemed to be communicating with this bird. It was cool.

I imagine you have to be careful what you say around that bird Smile
when I was younger I wanted to get a mynah bird.

07-15-2019 7:21 PM

Share This Thread