Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I wonder if women on long term SSRI medications react differently to pheromones
Sptsmed
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

I wonder if women on long term SSRI medications react differently to pheromones
02-27-2012 6:25 PM

I was just pondering this the other day as honestly since I have started changing my thought process lately, using subs and using pheromones, the sexual side of life has dramatically increased. Recently I have found a golden combination that has achieved the hopeful goal every time but once over the past few months. Now granted most of these situations were date like, or one on one in nature and not just picking up someone randomly at a pub, although that has happened as well.

The one woman that it just did nothing to, is actually one that I have had intimate relations with on an on and off basis over the past few years and the one that I truly thought the pheromone cocktail would work the best on. However, not only did it not work, but even though we had a fun evening together, we never ended up in the bed even though the last ten or fifteen times we had gotten together we did.

So, obviously I started thinking about what could have gone wrong in the situation and remembered her saying that she had gone through some depression over the past year due to work and family situations and had been prescribed a SSRI medication to deal with the stress. Then that part of my brain that always starts to try and analyze things went to work. Now, it has been a LONG time since my undergrad days of organic chemistry and bio-chemistry and a pretty long time since studying endocrinology in neuro-anatomy and neuro-physiology classes at the medical school, but knowing how SSRI medications function in the body left me pondering what effects pheromones as neurotransmitters might have on women that are taking SSRI medications.

I do remember that serotonin re-uptake inhibitors act on the transporter proteins and inhibit the re-uptake of neurotransmitters back into the synapse of the firing neuron. The effect becomes an increase in serotoninergic activity and an increase in the serotonin levels in the body leading to an increase in cortisol and epinephrine levels. This is a response to combat the high levels of serotonin and results in increased activity of the adrenal glands. Prolonged periods of increased serotonin levels and the resultant increases in cortisol and epinephrine due to increased activity of the adrenals can lead to adrenal exhaustion and a decrease in cortisol and epinephrine.

I know that there are definitely sexual side effects of those medications on women such as decreasing desire and decreased ability to have orgasms. Prolonged use of SSRI medications due to their action as a select serotonin re-uptake at the synapse can lead to a degradation of the adrenal glands functions and notably a decrease in cortisol production. With the belief or accepted notion that pheromones and in particular "None" causing a rise in the cortisol level in women creating an internal feeling of stress, and a secondary rise in sexual tension to relieve said stress, then is it possible that None in particular would have less of an effect?

A lot to think about and maybe even go back and research some of my old text books, but it might be possible that none just will not have the same effect on a woman that is taking SSRI medications. Possibly some of the other pheromones which might have a different pathway might have a better effect, who knows.

Just some thoughts as I tried to figure out what the difference was in the reactions and actions of different women that have been around me or with me since I started using pheromones, and what possibly was the difference with this particular one that evening.
02-27-2012 6:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: I wonder if women on long term SSRI medications react differently to pheromones
02-27-2012 7:13 PM

Interesting though about the meds.

Which subs are you using? How have they helped?
02-27-2012 7:13 PM
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

RE: I wonder if women on long term SSRI medications react differently to pheromones
02-27-2012 8:02 PM

YES 100%, drugs affect hormones, and affect Pheromone results.

I have read on some Body Building forums while looking up 'Mones on the internet that Ephedrine works to make both men and women extra horny. A couple commented that while they were on a Ephedrine/Caffeine workout cycle, they were having sex like rabbits.

Have you ever seen rabbits go at it?!

I've also seen how sleeping pills (Unisom will kill my libido for about 24 hours) will kill sex drive. Welbutrin is an anti-depressant that also makes women horny, it is more of a Stimulant-AntiDepressant than the other types. Adderall also makes my wife hornier, and nicer in general.
02-27-2012 8:02 PM
SportyCurve5
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

02-27-2012 9:04 PM

It would make sense that different psychotropic medications could affect a response to phermomones. Most antidepressants that affect Serotonin, mostly selectively (SSRIs and SNRIs), cause sexual dysfunction in men and women. Alternatively, those antidepressants that are not selective for serotonin, or act on serotonin minutely (Wellbutrin) can be used in patients who have experienced SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. Also, Wellbutrin works on dopamine, in the brain's reward system, which is thought to increase a person wanting to do things they like, ie shopping, hobbies, SEX, etc. Man, the body is a complex thing!! Nice thought process guys. Thanks for sharing!
02-27-2012 9:04 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

02-29-2012 2:29 PM

(02-27-2012 9:04 PM)SportyCurve5 Wrote:  It would make sense that different psychotropic medications could affect a response to phermomones.

I'm remembering a post over at AD where MHarris said that Testosterone byproduct hormones are the ones that are more interesting for pheromone purposes.

I'll combine that with how it is said that people who use testosterone for body building get "ROID RAGE", which seems like a psychoactive symptom of testosterone.

He also hinted that testosterone is a great pheromone, just not really accessable to the pheromone community due to all the "ROID RAGERS" in bodybuilding getting it moved to the illegal without a perscription list.

I think I should go to the doctor and get a perscription for Testosterone, just to try it out as a pheromone somehow. You've heard the phrase "You can SMELL the testosterone in here." Could it be true, MHarris aluded to it as well.
02-29-2012 2:29 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

03-03-2012 5:25 PM

Which mones do you think don't work? None?

Androstadienone works well on my wife, for what it's worth, and she's been on anti-depressants forever. I really don't like none as a molecule in any circumstance except possibly in very small doses. And maybe not even then.

[Image: Example.jpg]
03-03-2012 5:25 PM
goat boy44
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

04-09-2013 7:24 PM

I feel that exsposure to certain pheromones in cologne have rendered my ssri useless. It seems that it triggers an sort of mind racing respose and makes the mind go schizo. I have been fourced to discontinue use of ssri's the withdrawl is a painful.
04-09-2013 7:24 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

04-09-2013 7:40 PM

I was reading recently how DHEA bumps serotonin. I think that serotonin increases are the cause of the 'visual brightening' effect sometimes seen with mones.

[Image: Example.jpg]
04-09-2013 7:40 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Theory about moths detecting pheromones long range veramis 0 931 03-10-2013 8:06 PM
Last Post: veramis