Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think this lady is PISSED OFF!!!!
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1531
Thanks received:
1370 thanks in 707 posts

RE: I think this lady is PISSED OFF!!!!
05-22-2012 10:47 AM

(05-22-2012 10:31 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I had this email forwarded to me today, and thought I'd share it with you guys. What do you think, is this lady pissed? Big Grin

But, at least she's got the balls to call it like it is and point the finger of accountability where it should be pointed!

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming , Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation, as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

If you like the way things are in America delete this. If you agree with what a fellow Montana citizen Patty Myers says, PASS IT ON!!!!

I think this woman hits the nail on the head. I don't care what they do with social security in the long term, but in the short term (10-20 years) those who paid in should get money out. But both parties are constantly angling to direct spending to their buddies so that ruins their plans.

We are heading towards an inevitable demographic crisis with more seniors retired relative to wage earners, which means less money for seniors or higher ages for SS eligibility or higher taxes or a huge push to import young high-income workers from other countries. Or all of these things. We should have been paying down the debt in anticipation for this.
We should be doing that now.

But I'm coming to hate the use of the word 'greed' and such inflammatory rhetoric. Maybe because making points using hyperbole helps a political cause while driving people apart. Maybe because people project so often, that any use of such a word tends to cover up the hypocrisy of the person using it. In any case, people who actually know what's going on use more data and less provocation. Like with this politician implying that recipients of SS were greedy when he was far worse, himself.

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 10:55 AM by wiserd.)
05-22-2012 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think this lady is PISSED OFF!!!! - wiserd - 05-22-2012 10:47 AM