Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1326
Thanks received:
3473 thanks in 1480 posts

I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race
05-14-2012 3:21 PM

I'm not quite sure just what to make of it, and while Ron did not say he is dropping out of the race, the message he just sent to his followers and posted on his website leads me to believe that he just may be conceding the race to Romney.

Below is the statement he posted on his website, and while he only says he's giving up actively campaigning in states that haven't yet voted, this statement sounds more to me like a concession rather than a campaign redirection.

Quote:“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election.

Ron Paul Website
Quote:Ron Paul Statement on Campaign Going Forward

“We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.” – Ron Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.

The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were are the impressions we left on those we leave behind, so live your life as you'd want to be remembered when you're gone!
05-14-2012 3:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race - mark-in-dallas - 05-14-2012 3:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ron Paul Releases His Restore America Plan! mark-in-dallas 16 1,393 02-11-2012 3:32 PM
Last Post: Pheroquirk
  Ron Paul: War-monger Obama should have returned Nobel Award mark-in-dallas 7 960 12-17-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Bosshank