Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Hello and still skeptical
nobrain
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Hello and still skeptical
02-06-2010 8:28 PM

Hello all.  I was pretty active at PT forum and then decided to tone down my messages and, after feeling badly for the guys at AD, decided to fade into the background.

Also, it was a very commercial site so it really wasn't the right place for me to be...

I am here watching, mainly in the background as I continue to run my experiments on "human pheromones".  So far, I would have to say I have seen no compelling evidence whatsoever that they are anything but snake oil with slick marketing.

So, hello all.

02-06-2010 8:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

RE: Hello and still skeptical
02-06-2010 9:09 PM

Hi nobrain, welcome to PheroTruth! We were all skeptical at one point, but many of the members here have been experimenting with pheromones for years now, and you'd be hard pressed to convince them they didn't work.

But, pheromones are not magical bullets that will have the opposite sex luring you into bed, but more like the primer in the shell. You've gotta pull the trigger and there's got to be gunpowder in the shell before the bullets going to leave the chamber.

But, nobody is here to convince you one way or the other and we've got nothing to sell, so enjoy your time here, contribute when you see fit, and if you have any qustions just ask.

I've already ran over and grabbed your reps for you, so you're not starting from scratch here.  Smile

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-06-2010 9:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

02-06-2010 9:38 PM

Hello Nobrain.

Welcome to P-talk

I believe we have met before Tongue Its quite alright to be a skeptic as long as you respect the opinions of those who are not. Pheromones are great but they certainly are not something every single person can use successfully or every person enjoys using. Just like acetaminophen does absolutely nothing for me sometimes Pheromones do absolutely nothing for a individual. But I am certainly not going to upset or belittle those that it does work for though or try to convince them otherwise. They have to right to believe in what they will just as you do.

Here at P-truth we are a like minded group of people sharing our enjoyment and experiences with pheromones. Many members especially those who have used mones for years successfully would take offense to your description of them being snake oil with slick marketing. I dont though, I just see it as not your thing just yet and thats ok. There is nothing wrong with being curious and finding your truth.

There is no reason to feel badly for the guys at AD. 9 out of 10 people who use there stuff do see results. They sell a excellent product and are in the top of there field and in research in this area. It is hard for the skeptic there because they do have a store attached to the forum. Many dont know if what your reading is real or just part of the marketing hype thats out there on mones so I certainly understand how you feel. Some of the reports over there especially recently have even me snorting with laughter because being a expert in mone use I know what they are reporting is impossible.

Some may say its all placebo, I personally dont believe that. I have used pheromones for to long in to many environments successfully to believe that anymore. However I am still open minded to the fact that it is a possibility and definitely a gray area to consider. The brain works in mysterious ways. To me they are worth every penny I have spent on them either way. Your arrival here has brought up a good topic subject I have often thought about. I will post it later in the ladies section.

Anywhooo...welcome aboard and if you need help I am sure the members will do all they can to assist you without trying to sell you a thing ;)

Tisha
02-06-2010 9:38 PM
nobrain
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

02-07-2010 5:37 AM

Yes, I had to behave at PT because I was crossing the line from "sharing my opinion" to "being a jerk". It happens to me from time-to-time. I also have to remember that I am an extremest so my viewpoint often differs from the norm. Thanks for the reply.
02-07-2010 5:37 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

terry0400-40

Rep Post

02-08-2010 4:15 AM

(02-06-2010 8:28 PM)nobrain Wrote:  

Hello all.  I was pretty active at PT forum and then decided to tone down my messages and, after feeling badly for the guys at AD, decided to fade into the background.

Also, it was a very commercial site so it really wasn't the right place for me to be...

I am here watching, mainly in the background as I continue to run my experiments on "human pheromones".  So far, I would have to say I have seen no compelling evidence whatsoever that they are anything but snake oil with slick marketing.

So, hello all.

I am glad to see that since your posting on Phero Talk several weeks ago that you have actually ordered received and tested a range of pheromone products so as to support what you have seen from your experiments as quoted below....
Quote by nobrains....
"So far, I would have to say I have seen no compelling evidence whatsoever that they are anything but snake oil with slick marketing"

Its true that not everyone is capable of noticing the subtle effects that pheromones exhibit
so do not feel disheartened if you are in this category as we that understand and see the Pherotruth do feel for you.

Do mention the products that you have used without success and perhaps the forum may guide you in correct principles regarding expectations, and also in the correct application of the pheromones you are using if they are genuine pheromone products and i really hope that you have not been sucked into ordering snake oil.

Have a really good look around and please do talk openly on what you hope to acheive by the use of pheromones and then i am sure a few workable and consistant products could be found to help you....

And remember we are not pheromone sellers but just plain folk who have experienced the use and effects of pheromones for many years.

[Image: PcNbWD0.jpg?2]
My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
02-08-2010 4:15 AM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

02-08-2010 7:00 PM

Welcome Smile Well, I hope you see results with something soon sweety. As any fragrance habit can get expensive! If you're not seeing any results with the pheromones as a stand alone. Maybe you could try some of the fragrances @ http://www.lovepotionperfume.com . Don't be intimidated, it may seem like a girls club. We do have reporting males on the forum, a couple from over @ AD/PT. A lot of people have reported pheromone like effects from their regular scents (myself included). They have affordable pheromone 'enhanced' fragrances, that are also available in $5 trial vial sizes, & if you still feel the same way about pheromones @ least you'll smell great Smile ~Be blessed,Beccah~
02-08-2010 7:00 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

02-08-2010 7:06 PM

(02-08-2010 7:00 PM)Beccah1 Wrote:  A lot of people have reported pheromone like effects from their regular scents (myself included).

EXCALIBUR! :king:

(Sorry, I love the smell of that one).  Mark's Tonka Tobacum, Black Candy, etc.  I've seen phero like hits from each of those colognes.  Not to mention that they do smell great! 

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
02-08-2010 7:06 PM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-16-2010 12:58 PM

Hi nobrain! Welcome to truth. Sorry I missed getting around to you before now...been out of the loop for awhile. We all cross the line from time to time, the main thing is that we know when we have treated another with disrespect and we try to do better in the future. I hope you enjoy our forum!

The Androstenone Discussion
02-16-2010 12:58 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Brand new to Pheromones...skeptical! Drash99 16 5,900 04-29-2010 2:02 PM
Last Post: renny