Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halo's Spellbound Rx Reviews
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1605
Thanks received:
3208 thanks in 1464 posts

Halo's Spellbound Rx Reviews
03-23-2012 3:25 PM

Spellbound Rx was generous enough to send me several products from their line to sample. This thread is for my impressions and reviews of those products. I am in the middle of blind testing single molecules for another company so it might be awhile before i can test all of these products but I am excited to try.
Here is what they sent:

The Center of Attraction Feminine Pheromone Spray in Captivate fragrance

Feminine Concentrated Pheromone Oil Friend to Everyone phero unscented

Feminine Phero Travel Spray Center of Attraction in Diamonds fragrance

Feminine Pheromone Spray The Sex Kitten phero in Kindle fragrance

Feminine Phero Massage Oil The Nasty phero blend in Warm Apple Crisp fragrance

Large Masculine Cologne in The Nasty phero blend in Ylang Ylang fragrance

Massage Oil Candle in Heaven Lust

Purse spray in unknown phero and unknown fragrance.

My initial impressions: Wow, what a load. Can't believe how generous they were. This is a really BIG line with a lot of products. 7 pheromone blends for women and many fragrance options too. Some things are really well marked even including a tag that says created for Halo with pheromone blend and fragrance listed. Some are completely tagless and are therefore impossible to identify. I can figure most of them out by the invoice but I will have to keep it to refer to and one is not identifiable at all. as far as the packaging goes I will start with my background. before I was a stay at home mom I was a fashion buyer for retail stores and also a professional makeup artist. I worked at high end department stores so I am well versed in beauty products and their packaging. Spellbound Rx's is okay. Not great, not horrible. I would compare it to drugstore level packaging. What's odd to me is the variance from product to product. If someone can explain to me how to post pictures I would be happy to post them. Anyway, some are glass bottles with clear stickers. Those look the best in my opinion. Some are clear bottles with black labels. Those definitely look more drugstore. The smaller togo sizes and purse sizes look like standard industry bottles. The oil is in a clear dropper topped bottle with a black label. Pretty standard. The massage oil bottle has yet another type of label, kind of tan colored with the logo. A little consistency would serve them well I think. The men's cologne (which smells very nice) has some sort of matter floating in it. Looks like paper or pieces of flower petals. Confused about whether or not that's the way it's intended to be. Packaging wise, the standout is the massage oil candle. Very plain and simple but it looks very nice. White porcelain tear shaped dish which should nicely facillitate pouring out the oil. Worth noting that most of the products come in black boxes. A nice touch. Also worth noting is that this is some of the best wrapped products I have ever received in the mail. No chance of leakage or breakage. Thought the first few bottles I opened i thought had leaked because they are not full to the top but after seeing every single bottle was like that, I figured that's just their normal fill level. I can't wait to get started trying the products themselves.
03-23-2012 3:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thanks given by as33156
Login or register to remove all advertising

SportyCurve5
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks received:
170 thanks in 65 posts

RE: Halo's Spellbound Rx Reviews
03-23-2012 3:33 PM

(03-23-2012 3:25 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  Spellbound Rx was generous enough to send me several products from their line to sample. This thread is for my impressions and reviews of those products. I am in the middle of blind testing single molecules for another company so it might be awhile before i can test all of these products but I am excited to try.
Here is what they sent:

The Center of Attraction Feminine Pheromone Spray in Captivate fragrance

Feminine Concentrated Pheromone Oil Friend to Everyone phero unscented

Feminine Phero Travel Spray Center of Attraction in Diamonds fragrance

Feminine Pheromone Spray The Sex Kitten phero in Kindle fragrance

Feminine Phero Massage Oil The Nasty phero blend in Warm Apple Crisp fragrance

Large Masculine Cologne in The Nasty phero blend in Ylang Ylang fragrance

Massage Oil Candle in Heaven Lust

Purse spray in unknown phero and unknown fragrance.

My initial impressions: Wow, what a load. Can't believe how generous they were. This is a really BIG line with a lot of products. 7 pheromone blends for women and many fragrance options too. Some things are really well marked even including a tag that says created for Halo with pheromone blend and fragrance listed. Some are completely tagless and are therefore impossible to identify. I can figure most of them out by the invoice but I will have to keep it to refer to and one is not identifiable at all. as far as the packaging goes I will start with my background. before I was a stay at home mom I was a fashion buyer for retail stores and also a professional makeup artist. I worked at high end department stores so I am well versed in beauty products and their packaging. Spellbound Rx's is okay. Not great, not horrible. I would compare it to drugstore level packaging. What's odd to me is the variance from product to product. If someone can explain to me how to post pictures I would be happy to post them. Anyway, some are glass bottles with clear stickers. Those look the best in my opinion. Some are clear bottles with black labels. Those definitely look more drugstore. The smaller togo sizes and purse sizes look like standard industry bottles. The oil is in a clear dropper topped bottle with a black label. Pretty standard. The massage oil bottle has yet another type of label, kind of tan colored with the logo. A little consistency would serve them well I think. The men's cologne (which smells very nice) has some sort of matter floating in it. Looks like paper or pieces of flower petals. Confused about whether or not that's the way it's intended to be. Packaging wise, the standout is the massage oil candle. Very plain and simple but it looks very nice. White porcelain tear shaped dish which should nicely facillitate pouring out the oil. Worth noting that most of the products come in black boxes. A nice touch. Also worth noting is that this is some of the best wrapped products I have ever received in the mail. No chance of leakage or breakage. Thought the first few bottles I opened i thought had leaked because they are not full to the top but after seeing every single bottle was like that, I figured that's just their normal fill level. I can't wait to get started trying the products themselves.
I will be awaiting reviews!! I wonder if they would send me something to test. Sounds good so far. Keep us updated!
03-23-2012 3:33 PM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-23-2012 4:08 PM

After closer examination the one I thought was not marked is marked Center of Attraction. I guess they really want me to try that blend ;) Still no clue what fragrance it is.
03-23-2012 4:08 PM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1517
Thanks received:
1361 thanks in 501 posts

03-23-2012 11:00 PM

popcorn can't wait for the reviews
Ooo you lucky dog! You're part of the blind molecule test.

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
03-23-2012 11:00 PM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-24-2012 8:59 AM

Brock if you are reading this I have a few questions for you. First is about the copulin blend you sell...what's with all the ingredients? Cops are a great standalone product. I am trying to figure out the reason for calling it cops when it has all the extras? Also the copy on the description reads like all of those substances are found naturally in vaginal secretions, true? Was the Astrid Jutte formula used to formulate your cops? Do they stink?

Second I am curious about oxytocin. I noticed that many of your women's products use this. There is some controversy as to whether using oxy is safe. It can trigger contractions if worn around pregnant women. Which I would never knowingly do. Many companies won't even sell it. Just wondering what the rationale behind that was?

Third I noticed that you guys don't use Est a whole lot. Is there a reason for that?

Sorry to bug you with a million questions, but I am truly interested. Thanks.
03-24-2012 8:59 AM

Brock
Vendor

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
12 thanks in 8 posts

03-24-2012 11:07 AM

(03-24-2012 8:59 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  Brock if you are reading this I have a few questions for you. First is about the copulin blend you sell...what's with all the ingredients? Cops are a great standalone product. I am trying to figure out the reason for calling it cops when it has all the extras? Also the copy on the description reads like all of those substances are found naturally in vaginal secretions, true? Was the Astrid Jutte formula used to formulate your cops? Do they stink?

Second I am curious about oxytocin. I noticed that many of your women's products use this. There is some controversy as to whether using oxy is safe. It can trigger contractions if worn around pregnant women. Which I would never knowingly do. Many companies won't even sell it. Just wondering what the rationale behind that was?

Third I noticed that you guys don't use Est a whole lot. Is there a reason for that?

Sorry to bug you with a million questions, but I am truly interested. Thanks.

Hi Halo,
I am traveling until Tuesday with our Presdient on the west coast. I will answer all of your questions when I get back on Tuesday. Thanks
Brock

Brock Taylor
https://www.facebook.com/im.brock.taylor
03-24-2012 11:07 AM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-24-2012 11:24 AM

Just tried on Friend To Everyone since it was the only unscented product. Guess what? It's scented. Smells like a airy dryer sheet type of smell. It's the kind of smell people describe as clean or cuddly. A lot of people like this type but I am not one of them. I am really disappointed that an unscented product is not unscented. Now I can't cover with my own perfume. It's heavy enough to cover the smell of the mones. I'll report back on phero effects later. Too bad. If I was going to buy anything (and I am a product buying junkie), it would have been unscented.
03-24-2012 11:24 AM
Thanks given by terry0400-40, as33156
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-29-2012 3:15 PM

Okay so I do think I got a bit of self effects from The Friend to Everyone...typical nols kind of stuff, made it easier for me to get my tasks done. Just really wish it weren't scented. Scent only lasted a few hours. Today I tried The Center of Attraction in Kindle fragrance. I sprayed on 4 sprays. I am not getting anything, nobody is acting any differently. I don't have my normal Androstadienone mood lift. There is no way i can try any more sprays than this, I just can't take the smell. I told the guy I talked to on the phone that I preferred unscented as I have my own fragrances to wear but they sent me all scented stuff. I am not a big fan of dept store fragrances at this point because I have moved on to artisian fragrances. I used to work in Cosmetics for years so I am just burned out on smelling the same as everyone else. I also wish Spellbound would tell me how many mgs of mones are in a product. They will only give percentages and those vary wildly between products. This line is confusing because they don't tell you all of this on the site. They also lied to me outright about their fragrances.They said they formulate all of their own fragrances and that they are not copies of designer versions (even though they list them right next to the scent on their site). However, there is a fragrance wholesaler that they buy from, pre mixed. You want to know how I know they buy from them? Portions of Spellbound's descriptions match the wholesaler's descriptions...verbatim. I really don't appreciate that. I like a company that is transparent. Like Alpha Dream for instance. Smoke and mirrors piss me off and make me question the quality of the products. If the products are good they speak for themselves.
03-29-2012 3:15 PM
Thanks given by as33156, terry0400-40, idontknow
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-30-2012 6:35 AM

I have had two males test the Ylang ylang men's cologne with The Nasty in it. My boyfriend used 2 sprays, no effects on me or for him. My friend K used 4-5 sprays. He reported no hits or self effects. They aren't as attuned to hits as I am so it may still be a decent product. But K does respond well when I wear mones around him and he did get lots of hits from True Alpha.
03-30-2012 6:35 AM
Thanks given by as33156

halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-30-2012 7:28 AM

Just so everyone can see what I am talking about with their fragrance descriptions matching the wholesaler's...here is the description from the wholesaler and here is a link to their product with the same name and one line of verbatim description...

Compare their description of their Lick Me All Over (they even have a TM next to it) with the source:

Lick Me All Over Fragrance, Perfume & Body Oil : Sure you can rename it but there is no mistaking its exotic and seductive scent. Rich with notes of fruit and tropical paradise, you and your customers will love the alluring aroma of this trendy favorite. Perfect for exotic blends. Raspberry, Melon, Citrus with a slight floral note.

Now look here, it won't allow me to copy it:
http://www.spellboundrx.com/Masculine_Ph...Spray.html

I debated long and hard over whether or not to post this or not. But when I see other people like Terry ordering from them, I know I have to say what I know. For the record, I have no problem with a phero company buying fragrance from a wholesaler, not at all. Just don't LIE to me directly about it. Wholesale fragrances are not my thing. They may be yours and that's great.

I really wanted to like this company...after all who wants a free box of stuff they won't use? I was really excited when I got that box and wished for the best. Their pheromones may be top notch, who knows. I just can't use enough of them to find out due to fragrances that are noxious to me.

I am sure I will catch some shit for this, and that's fine. I am just trying to be honest. If i weren't then they would have in effect bought me off with free product. I still plan on testing the rest of the stuff with the exception of the candle because I believe those to be dangerous.

ETA: to see the same wording in the link, you have to go down, pick a size under build your product, pick a phero (any size any phero) then pick a fragrance...Pick Lick me all over then read the description. One line of it matches the description above.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 7:41 AM by halo0073.)
03-30-2012 7:28 AM
Thanks given by as33156, terry0400-40

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web
Thread Closed