Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Floral Absolutes and Sex
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
113 thanks in 75 posts

Posts=648, but changed to 0 to remove from top posters list
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex
09-29-2009 11:12 AM

(09-29-2009 2:29 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Actually no it doesn't sound weird to me. I think it sounds cool. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Tisha

Awesome! Thanks!

Will do!

All of the fragrances are formulated with abolutes, essential oils, and fine ottos. Where I am using actual animal musks, I'm only using those that are obtained humanely without killing any animals, or I am using analogs that don't involve animals at all. For the fruit essences, I am using only those fragrances purchased from a reputable perfume manufacturing supplier. And of course, all fragrances contain copulins.

All essences, essential oils, and absolutes have limits to the amount that can be safely put on the skin to avoid sun sensitization and allergic reaction, and CNS effects (jonquil). I'm strictly following those guidelines in the formulation of these fragrances, and ensuring that I am well within safe limits for perfumery.

As you know, Tisha, I became highly sensitized to the neroli used at AD, and for that reason I can't use neroli or orange blossoms in my fragrances or tolerate any fragrances that contain it. That is a tragedy, since I would really like to have that option in my own formulations. So, for me the safety issues are more than just professional ethics, they are personal.

All the fragrances in alcohol base are formulated with Artisan's Blend (isopropyl mystriate) from Snowdrift Farms. All the fragrances in an oil base are formulated with 100% macadamia nut oil, which has the best profile for being non-allergenic and having the longest stable shelf life (2 years) without additives.

I finished Muladhara. I had a little trepidation at first with this one. The inspiration was there but I wasn't sure I could pull it off. I wanted this one to be a little "dirty", heavy and earthy, but also reaching upward, and sexy. So, I used quite a bit of the earthy, woody scents. I wanted heavy, sexy florals. To reach upward and lighten the load, I used water florals and other fruity florals. And I used heavy animalic musks to grab and give more character to the depth.

When you first apply Muladhara, it smells spicy and slightly sweet, slightly masculine and darkly velvet. On dry down it becomes slightly more animalic, spicy and woody, with smooth floral highlights. This is just 3 days after formulating, so I'm sure the scents will continue to marry and give a few more surprises. For example, the heavy, sexy florals are becoming tamed as time goes on, and the scent is melding into something very sultry and spicy and sexy.

Svadhisthana wow! That one was complex. It has very little actual cinnamon in it, but on application it smells very much like cinnamon. That is because the carnation is so spicy, and I used other spicy essences. I have a feeling that with a little more time to marry that scent will tame out. With dry down the scent becomes slightly more floral and sweet, but still keeps the spicy undertone. I can hardly wait to see how this one marries out.

I'm reformulating Manipura. It became a little too fruity with time.

Anahata has been finished for some time. It is light and sweet and powdery on application. It is heavy on the white musks, and contains day blooming jasmine, geranium, and rose and tea. It is lacy and romantic.

Vishuddha smells citrusy and herbal on application, and dries down ambery and clean floral with mysteriously deeper floral highlights with Osmanthus and Heliotrope popping up. This one is new, so I'm waiting for it to meld to see if it needs to be changed.

I finished Ajna last night. It is too early to say much about this one, until a few days have passed. It has a vetiver and sandalwood base, Lotus and Carnation heart, and tart and sweet fruity top.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2009 11:15 AM by Diane999.)
09-29-2009 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
Floral Absolutes and Sex - Diane999 - 09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex - Tisha - 09-25-2009, 3:31 AM
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex - Diane999 - 09-27-2009, 8:45 PM
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex - Tisha - 09-29-2009, 2:29 AM
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex - Diane999 - 09-29-2009 11:12 AM
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex - Bella - 09-29-2009, 3:28 PM
RE: Floral Absolutes and Sex - Diane999 - 09-30-2009, 1:26 PM