Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fancy gel used for fruit fly pheromones
veramis
Professional Lunatic

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 116
Thanks received:
124 thanks in 77 posts

RE: Fancy gel used for fruit fly pheromones
04-24-2013 7:30 AM

(04-05-2013 1:08 AM)wiserd Wrote:  I wish they had compared it to other fixative methods, oils, perfume fixatives, etc. They mention hydrogels in the writeup, in passing. I actually have some of those lying about. You can buy them pretty easily. Unfortunately, I don't know if I have any clear gels and It'd be odd walking around wearing blue mush...

What I like about the test is they didn't apply it to skin, it was kept in a container. I think it may make more sense to keep the pheromones off the skin, say in a container you can wrap around your wrist or clip on your belt. It may need a heat source or some other means of diffusion though, but can get the benefit of having diffusion adjusted according to ambient conditions. Not sure how the absence of skin bacteria would affect things though.
04-24-2013 7:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fancy gel used for fruit fly pheromones - veramis - 04-24-2013 7:30 AM