Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Evolution, aka ICM 3.0 Test Reports
Injektilo
It's *always* my move.

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 53
Thanks received:
439 thanks in 143 posts

RE: Evolution, aka ICM 3.0 Test Reports
05-20-2012 9:12 PM

Application:
3 sprays Corporativo
1.5 sprays Evolve
Covered with Montale "Dark Aoud"

Results:
Headed to my new favorite coffee shop to read some Salinger and relax. The guy working used to work at a 24-hour diner my friends and I frequent when I'm in town to hang out and get our midnight fix of slightly burnt coffee. I started chatting with him and said that I remembered him from the diner. He laughed and said that he thought he recognized me. I ordered some coffee, then noticed he was reading a book from Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series (damn thick, damn good fantasy) that I remembered reading in middle school or high school and brought it up. He was immediately interested and told me that Robert Jordan had actually died, but that there was one more book in the series that was being written based off of the author's notes on it. I made a connection to Douglas Adams asking someone to write a sequel to his "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series because he ended on a rather dismal note (Spoiler: Everyone dies and there is no more Earth) due to learning that he was dying of terminal cancer. With my coffee now prepared, he went to ring me up, then said not to worry about it and smiled.

I sat down and read for a while. After a few minutes, he came by and asked if I needed anything else and if I had seen the menu, so I thanked him, ordered a cup of soup, and continued reading. After an hour or so, I headed in to get another cup of coffee, but noticed a chess set sitting on the bar. I asked the barista if he would like to play a game, then proceeded to beat him. He pointed me towards another guy, saying that I should play him if I had a chance as well. He then gave me my next coffee and the soup free, so I gave him a nice tip.

Summary:
This combo garnered quite a bit of respect, but without intimidation. The guy is both bigger and older than me, and obviously quite intelligent, but he was extremely friendly and I had coffee and lunch without being required to pay a dime.

Also, I rock coffee shops. For some reason, this has pretty much always been the case. Baristas at nicer local coffee shops are usually fairly interesting people. Engage them, challenge their knowledge without being overbearing, ask them about what they're reading or what music is playing or anything actually interesting. A lot of people come in, order their coffee, and leave without saying much, a sad state of affairs I feel is brought about by the general atmosphere of most Starbucks (clean, professional, and without much personality or opportunity to engage in conversation.) These are intelligent people standing around all day, getting bored. Give them something to think about and enjoy and they will thank you. You will (A) make awesome new friends, and (B) get free stuff.

Injektilo out.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2012 9:12 PM by Injektilo.)
05-20-2012 9:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by SteveO, Pheroman, as33156, 20 Franc, clide7, psylocybin

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evolution, aka ICM 3.0 Test Reports - Injektilo - 05-20-2012 9:12 PM