Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Don't laugh..
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Don't laugh..
03-07-2010 7:42 AM

(02-22-2010 1:19 PM)Phya Wrote:  Anything you see fit to post up Tisha. Smile I can look up the terms and concepts you've mentioned. I guess one thing in particular I'd like to know is what sort of claims are realistic and which are exaggerated and impossible. More or less, I'd like to know what/who to avoid. Thanks Big Grin

You may not realize this but that is a huge question that has been debated for centuries LOL I know your science minded and you may be looking for "facts and figures" or some sort of proof but first I need to make something more clear.

Like I mentioned to rattlesnake most of what I understand about auras and other metaphysical practices I learned from my family. So the terms I use may not coincide with the terms science or other practitioners use.

For instance what my grandmother called magick which most science discredits is actually manipulation of energy which they do not discredit.

What some people call the aura which much of science discredits is really just a energy field that all humans and objects have which they do not discredit.

It has a lot ot do with labeling which is a whole other subject.

Whats realistic ? That's a loaded question. LOL My brother is a scientist and I cant tell you how many times he has said to me thats not realistic. We do not agree on reality. Realism comes from your belief. Much of what I practice is not realistic to him but we all create are own reality so it is realistic to me. I can not tell you what is real to you thats the whole key to spirituality really and its where science and metaphysics part ways. While we can learn different modalities and develop ourselves through practice what is real to you will only come from your own experiences and spirituality.

The science minded person needs proof that they can see touch taste feel measure in order for them to believe or claim something is real. They can not find logic in life any other way. What they do not understand is that some things can not be proven, only experienced therefore one persons reality is not the same as another persons reality.

Its hard for some people to be both Scientific minded and Spiritually minded. I have grown up watching the struggle my brother has gone through with this. On one hand he has seen my grandmother, my father and I do things that are not realistic or logical to him but he can not deny that they happened or the outcome. He has participated and experienced some practices and while he struggles to find the logic in them or to prove them there is a great part of him that now believes.

So back to your original question. What is realistic ? My answer is everything is realistic. Everything is possible even though it may not be logical or proven. The only way to know for sure is to experience it and once you do it becomes your reality.

What rattlesnake is doing is practicing something that has no basis of proof in science but is still very real. He admits himself that in the past he thought it was all twaddle but then someone he loves and trusts opened his mind to it and made him want to try it out. Now he is experiencing it, its working for him and it has become part of his reality.

On to.........Whats exaggerated. That's really a matter of perception as well. One modality of metaphysics may work better for one person then another so its hard to say whats exaggerated and what is not. I guess the way I look at it technically everything is exaggeration until you experience it. I think if you just look at everything as possible but not your reality until you experience it you will be able to naturally sort it out. Reading books and taking classes is great to introduce you to the different aspects and practices of metaphysics and to find out if they resonate with you. However never pay huge amounts of money to learn something before looking into it and trying some of the practices. Spirituality and the metaphysical are free for the taking. There are people out there who will exaggerate strictly for personal gain. I have had friends in my group pay thousands and find this out the hard way. So avoid people making claims that cost a huge amount of money to understand or practice. Follow practices that have some sort of resonance with your reality because if its not something you believe is possible its not. You create your reality.

OK now that I bored the hell out of you with my opinions LOL

Resources on taoism I really dont have. I dont practice this modality but its very interesting. Rattlesnake can probably help you more with reliable resources in this area.

You may also want to read up on a subject wildflower and I have spoken about here >>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Pheromone-Synesthesia

There are so many different philosophies and modalities of meta physics. Many of them do blend together in ways. I will say that the most important part of any practice is meditation. You have to be able to quiet the mind and be present. I think Rattlesnake described it perfectly here >>>

Quote:Being 'present' is an excellent way to quieten the mind I've found, it also helps keep the ego in check. I've been using a few different techniques, to help me accept my past mistakes and improve my mental state. It takes alot of work but slowly but surely, I'm becoming more accepting of myself, less egotistical, internalised, removing my attachments to the external and generally becoming a more happy, balanced person.

Everyone can meditate it just takes committed daily practice. You can use guided meditations that come on CD if at first if you have trouble achieving this state and then move onto being able to do it without the guided assistance.

The guide you use depends on what your practicing and what you want to achieve though. Once you learn to meditate you can try out some different philosophies and see if the resonate with you.

If you dont want to buy a CD thats fine to. In the itunes store they have some free guided meditations listed under pod casts.

http://www.mymeditationgarden.com/

They have some free resources in the meditation garden but again do not buy anything unless your serious about it. Use the free resources available to your first.

http://www.learningmeditation.com/room.htm

You can also just find a quiet place at home. Sit down and get comfortable. DO NOT lay down. Make sure both feet (if your in a chair) are flat to the ground. If you sitting on the ground just find a comfortable position. Close you eyes. Start by taking in a deep breath and letting it out over and over in a comfortable manner. Concentrate on nothing but the breath. If other thoughts pop into your mind then dont fight them just let them come in and out of your mind and go back to focusing on your breathing. After practice less outside thoughts will enter your mind. The more time you spend the deeper you will be able to get in meditation. I suggest you start with about 15 minutes daily.

Now after you get used to clearing your mind you can start do deliberate focus of your thought and your energy on one subject like the practices of taoism for instance or clearing your chakras. You would have learned these practices from reading much of the free information on the net or from books on these subjects.

For instance if your interested in reading or clearing auras then while meditating your going to visualize the color of each chakra point glowing in the correct points on your body. You will visualize other peoples chakra colors in your minds eye. After doing this for a while during meditation your subconscious and conscious mind clears and you can begin to pick up on the aura when not in the meditation state. You may only feel it as I talked about in my convo with wildflower in the link above. Most the time I just feel it although I have seen auras on occasion. It requires all of your senses really. Think of your brain as a muscle and meditation as working that muscle. Just like lifting weights makes you stronger or cardio makes the heart muscle stronger. Using parts of the brain you do not normally use makes your other abilities stronger. Focusing on one aspect such as the aura helps strengthen that one skill. Just like it takes a committed focused effort to strengthen the heart and body it does with the mind so doing it a few times may not do much but making a daily effort will.

Since we were talking about auras I looked up some resources on the aura that resonate with my experience and beliefs.

http://www.thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm

http://www.healing-journeys-energy.com/Aura_Home.html

These two sites will help you learn a little about practicing seeing the aura as well as cleansing your own. Just dont pay for anything other then books that interest you. I have taken classes in Reiki healing and other subjects because I like that and because I wanted some "hands on experience" but you can learn just about anything from the free resources out there and from inexpensive books.

If you have other metaphysical interests just mention which ones and I will try to help if I can.

Tisha
03-07-2010 7:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-08-2010 2:23 AM

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I think I read a post of yours Tisha on the Androtics site about you being able to orgasm through meditation. I was wondering if you could explain some exercises on achieving this Evil
03-08-2010 2:23 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

03-08-2010 6:06 AM

(03-08-2010 2:23 AM)Niatalya Wrote:  Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I think I read a post of yours Tisha on the Androtics site about you being able to orgasm through meditation. I was wondering if you could explain some exercises on achieving this Evil

Yes you can achieve orgasm through meditation. Long time ago my friend and I went to a week long women's retreat in Sedona. It was great they had all sorts of spiritual practices, seminars and classes. They had groups for the beginners and the advanced and both of us where in the advanced group. Although the teacher was a advanced tantra master this class wasn't tantra.

You have to be able to really get into a relaxed meditative state while becoming one with the energy of the earth around you and the sensations this energy causes in the body. You need have a consciousness of all of your senses so there was a lot of exercises we did that focused on sensation without physically touching ourselves.

So for instance you would get in your meditative state then focus on one body part like your ears and feel and experience everything there is to feel about your ear. Feel the air touching them. The temperature, the blood flowing to them, The vibration of sound on them. After practice you begin to feel a warmth or a tingling sensation in the area of focus. You go through all your body parts. Then once you have covered the whole body your going to connect with earth energy. So you imagine pure light energy entering your body from its grounding point and traveling through all of the body parts you have focused on. Then this is the hard part.......... You have to let go and just allow.

Some of the women were able to do it by the end of the week long class. I wasn't and neither did my friend but we practiced all the exercises at home and eventually it happened. The "Cosmic orgasm" LOL

You could also look into the Tantra meditations. I have not really used them but some of my friends practice Tantra and they love it.

Tisha
03-08-2010 6:06 AM
luksti
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

03-08-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:Being 'present' is an excellent way to quieten the mind I've found,

I have found the exact same thing within the martial arts that I have done and still do. With karate and my fencing. You learn to quiet your mind and rely only on the stimulus emanating from the present and react to only what you can see, hear and feel. I find that many times after a training session I feel really energised and much calmer in every day life, I did a bit of meditation too but not much. May think about starting to do that again as im getting more stressed than ever.
Will have to have a little read into it.

Quote:Your brother can strengthen his aura by refraining from ejaculating. You can strengthen it in many ways thats just one of them and different philosophies have different traditions and practices.

Is that the same for women as well? I know that orgasm and ejaculation are two separate things and I was just wondering is it the orgasm or ejaculation that is bad for the aura? I know that that is the idea behind tantra but i have read that there are two different types.
Would be good to try out. Any exercises to help me sleep?
03-08-2010 12:30 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

03-08-2010 7:39 PM

Thank you Tisha, what you provided what more or less what I was looking for. I was mostly fishing, I didn't have any specific request in mind. I was definitely not looking for 'scientific evidence/proof', I know how these things go. Hell, you could say that pheromones are in the same boat.

I'll look it over, give it a try, and let you know how things went. Big Grin

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
03-08-2010 7:39 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

03-08-2010 7:53 PM

(03-08-2010 7:39 PM)Phya Wrote:  Thank you Tisha, what you provided what more or less what I was looking for. I was mostly fishing, I didn't have any specific request in mind. I was definitely not looking for 'scientific evidence/proof', I know how these things go. Hell, you could say that pheromones are in the same boat.

I'll look it over, give it a try, and let you know how things went. Big Grin

Below is a quick guided meditation that can also help cleanse/strengthen your aura boundaries. One of my soapbox issues is spiritual protection. I've seen too many people try and open themselves up with out learning how to properly ground/protect their energy from 'outside influences'.

First, take 2 or 3 slow, deep breaths and let them out to help relax you. Then get a feeling for the unlimited amount of energy from the universe that is at your disposal. Just "˜know' that you can tap into this energy and imagine the energy forming into a giant golden bubble that surrounds you. From above your head to below the ground under your feet. Imagine yourself being completely surrounded by this wonderful energy that nothing can penetrate. Then imagine yourself inside that golden bubble being surrounded by the color pink. All the space inside that bubble being filled with a wonderful cotton candy pink color. Feel the loving protective energy that color represents. Any feelings of anxiety or fear will be immediately dissipated and you will return to a feeling of being protected and at peace.

Some people prefer to use white for the outer shell of the energy bubble because that is traditionally a color of protection. I prefer gold because in my experience it offers the same level of protection but it is also an excellent grounding color. When trying to block/deflect 'lower energies', being grounded is very important.

Note: Some people find that they prefer a light blue color to the color pink inside the bubble. If you feel that pink isn't working as well as you might like, use light blue.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
03-08-2010 7:53 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

03-09-2010 5:54 AM

Great meditation snoopy. I use a protection meditation almost daily. It does ground you and help keep out the negative vibrations. It also keeps the energy vampires from sucking you dry. LOL OK I know that sounds weird but its just witch slang.

We have all met energy vampires in our lives. These are people who tend to be needy and complain all the time. They never have a positive thing to say. Being around them annoys and drains you so you end up avoiding them. Sometimes you cant avoid them and the meditation that snoop mentioned which is actually very much like a "spell" will help ground you and protect you from those people making you as miserable as they are.

I do it slightly different but there is no right way and wrong way really. My only advice for this meditation. If your using it to strengthen your aura its fine as is. If your using it to block negative vibrations you must charge it with intent by chanting a mantra in your head or focusing only on your intention.

phya Wrote:Thank you Tisha, what you provided what more or less what I was looking for. I was mostly fishing, I didn't have any specific request in mind. I was definitely not looking for 'scientific evidence/proof', I know how these things go. Hell, you could say that pheromones are in the same boat.
Your welcome, I thank you guys because I enjoy having open minded people to talk about these subjects with. Its true you can say pheromones are in the same boat. I like matching the metaphysical to the scientific aspects though

I was telling one of my friends in my circle group about our convo about auras. She emailed me a very interesting link.

http://www.auraphoto.com/examples/videos.shtml

There is a pain in the ass intro page but once past that its a pretty cool site. Apparently Guy Coggins invented this machine and MD's overseas are beginning to use it in there practices. They are more open minded to alternative healing over seas. I dont think it would go over big here though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yx6PaLTKTk&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1yx6PaLTKTk&amp;rel=0&amp;fs=1</a>

luksti Wrote:Is that the same for women as well? I know that orgasm and ejaculation are two separate things and I was just wondering is it the orgasm or ejaculation that is bad for the aura?

I am not sure. I would say both because both expend energy. I dont think it "bad" for the aura though. It just makes the energy field around vibrate at a lower frequency for a while which effect the vibrational energy that is your aura.

luksti Wrote:I know that that is the idea behind tantra but i have read that there are two different types.

Yes there is the Eastern philosophies of Tantra that are very strict and take a huge amount of time and dedication and the Western which is more laid back. I am eclectic as a witch and in every other aspect of life. I like to learn about other philosophies and I take from them what works for me and what I enjoy and leave behind what doesn't work for me. So while I have used some tantra practices and the karma sutra I am no expert in the practice.

luksti Wrote:Any exercises to help me sleep?

Well with my clients I have found that usually they cant sleep for a underlying reason. If you have been checked out by a MD and know its not a medical reason then its mental.

Usually its because you can not quiet the mind enough. Daily calming meditations help. I usually tell them to do them right before bed and once your used to it yur mind can quiet easier. You simply get into your meditation position, Start your focused breathing and enter that calm state. This is tougher for those with busy minds. Thoughts are going to pop in your head but you just acknowledge the thought, say to yourself you will visit it again tomorrow and dismiss it and go back to focusing on your breath. If you try to fight the thoughts its harder. After a while less and less thoughts pop in. Just take 10 to 15 minutes doing this every day.

At night when you lay down to go to sleep you can use a full body relaxation meditation. Lay down start focused breathing and once you have maintained that for a few minutes focus on each part of the body. Start with your feet and work up. As you get to each section tense it up then release the tension totally relaxing that area. Most people dont make it past the chest before they fall asleep.

Another thing you can do is keep a note book next to your bed. Sit on your bed and let your thoughts flow and right them down. Stupid stuff like I have to pick up the dry cleaning tomorrow or I need to do this or that tomorrow. Even your worries, Just spend a few minutes jotting them down. Tell yourself I will visit these thoughts tomorrow. The lay down and do your relaxing meditation.

Don't use Alpha Androstenol or anything with Alpha Androstenol in it 4 hours before bed. Alpha Androstenol tends to make the mind busy.

Tisha
03-09-2010 5:54 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

03-09-2010 9:56 AM

I agree with you, Tisha that if you have a specific energy you are looking to protect yourself from you need to set that intention. Intention is everything when it comes to working with energy. Intention combined with how strong your will is to push your intention forward. Energy follows focus.

Those were some very good exercises you suggested. At least in my experience, they work very well. :shy:

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
03-09-2010 9:56 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  This made me laugh :) Beccah 1 1,124 02-29-2012 1:58 PM
Last Post: Fly So Hi