Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diffusion and Sillage, Why is it important ?
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Diffusion and Sillage, Why is it important ?
12-06-2009 10:28 AM

Hey all.

Happy Sunday Morning [Image: 2.gif]

Been getting a lot of questions on this subject here and there and thought it would be useful for the newbies who join.

Diffusion is basically the rate the pheromones leave the skin. Without it you are not going to effect anyone with your pheromones unless they put their nose right on up to your application point. Heat from the body causes diffusion. This is why you often see people suggesting they apply to pulse points even with perfume. While I do like the pulse points I find different methods work better for me probably because we are all different and our body temps differ.

For me cleavage, Back of neck, Top of head and the the sides of the breast close but not in the pit area works best for me. In the summer behind my knees and to the thighs works well to. These are places I tend to heat up naturally. My wrists just never heat and while there are pulse points there they dont do the job for me.

So if your new to pheromones try different application points because it can change your results with a product.

Next sillage or silage. Its french and they seem to spell it both ways here. This mean the vapor trail left by your scent. This effects distance more. I generally cover my pheromones with a perfume that has good sillage. This helps by leaving a subtle scent trail in the air as I move around and my pheromones are floating in that trail.
So if you dont have sillage you may only effect people 3 to 5 feet from you with your cloud even if you walk about the room but if you do have it you can effect the entire room

I also notice when you have good sillage that public places like shopping where your walking around a bit can create a delayed reaction.

For example.............

Your walking in the mall and you pass a group of hotties. If you dont have sillage but your diffusion is good its hardly enough time for them to inhale, register and respond to the feeling. By the time they do you are gone with no way to follow and they just chock it up to a passing impulse. With good sillage that feeling travels in the scent that leads right to you. I find that I will pass people and shortly later there they are trying to strike up a conversation or flirting.

So using a perfume or cologne with good sillage that is not over whelming really helps get the most of your pheromones.

Lot of people ask me how do you know if a perfume has good sillage. Most times you get used to the scent pretty fast and its hard to tell when your wearing it.

I am not a perfume expert or anything but I have a few tricks I use.

I will spray something movable in a room. Usually my sons soccer ball or the dog. (I dont spray pheromones on the dog just perfume which she wears any way's. She is a diva LOL, never spray where they can lick it or in there face) I let it dry down a little then leave the room, pop into the kitchen, take a wiff of coffee grounds which clears and resets the sense of smell then return to the room and see how close I need to get to the object to begin smelling it. I can roll the ball or the dog will run about so I can sort of get a feel for the sillage. I laugh because sometimes when people come over they say. Hmmm what smells so good and I tell them the dog LOL It always gets strange looks. Anywhoo......... you can also figure out which ones have good sillage by the amount of comments you get on the scent.

Oils scents I love but they have very little sillage and diffusion, they tend to stay close to the body and weigh down the pheromone molecules. Although diffusion and sillage is really vital to the effectiveness of pheromones for fast hard noticeable hits, oil blends defiantly have there place in the pheromone line up. If you have a target or are looking to effect people you spend time with they are great. If your looking for more subtle but longer lasting results oils are great. I like to use both myself.

So that's all I know about diffusion and sillage. If your new to pheromones and unsure of them start with alcohol based. Once your more confident in them and see results then start exploring with the oils blends. I really feel if I had not purchased some alcohol blends in the beginning and just went with the oils I would have never noticed how effective mones can be.

Tisha
12-06-2009 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Diffusion and Sillage, Why is it important ?
12-06-2009 11:38 AM

(12-06-2009 10:28 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Next sillage or silage. Its french and they seem to spell it both ways here. This mean the vapor trail left by your scent. This effects distance more.

Sillage...aka "Whaftability" [Image: biggrin.gif] Someone used that term over at LP & I thought it was a fab word! One of my favourites now (after ginormous, dysdidocokinesia & computermabob [Image: biggrin.gif])

Great post (as always) Tisha!
12-06-2009 11:38 AM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Diffusion and Sillage, Why is it important ?
12-06-2009 4:22 PM

Awesome guide Tisha, I like the dog idea. Smile Very helpful.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
12-06-2009 4:22 PM

Share This Thread