Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dhea, Dheas, 7-Keto Dheas revisited
Ace
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

RE: Dhea, Dheas, 7-Keto Dheas revisited
11-21-2015 1:21 PM

I'm very interested in working with these molecules in my homebrew mixes. A lot of research suggests they're worth more exploration. I've noticed on here that most folks refer to extraction of supplements that have fillers and other additives. However, in looking for purer forms, I've located other sources that are purer and without additives. However, I would like some input on what folks on here with more experience think of the possibilities of these.

This liquid form states pure pharmaceutical at 1.2mg a drop and 1000 drops per bottle. That's pretty high concentrate and appears to be ready for just adding to mixes.

http://www.completenutritionandwellness....drops.html

This is pure powder form sold by the gram.

http://www.powdercity.com/products/dhea

As well, there is this DHEA-S cream that has 10mg of molecule. Does it have possibilities of a stand alone?

https://www.drvitaminsolutions.com/produ...Cream-1-oz

As well, and off topic but still in the interest of home brewing single molecules, here's liquid pregnenolone at 1.2mg per drop

http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/pr...atrix.html

What do you think?

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 1:23 PM by Ace.)
11-21-2015 1:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by RedEyes
Ace
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

11-21-2015 5:50 PM

Thanks for contacting me through PM George. Unfortunately, I'm unable to PM back as I don't have 5 posts yet.

I'm looking forward to hearing your input and comments on this.

As for the liquid - While 1.2mg a drop is definitely way too much to consider as a direct application, adding 1 drop per ml (assuming that there are 30 drops in a ml) to a carrier would be 40 mcg a drop. I figure it could be adjusted to any liking for use and test purposes.

The powder - If it is pure, it may just dissolve completely and be quite clear as any commercial product. A person could make any concentration they like. And at less than 6 bucks a gram shipped, one could do a lot of testing and using for pennies. That's true with either the liquid or powder.

One thing you or anyone else may think about answering for me is a question of source. I'll post a few more links to explain what I mean. As far as I can tell, most of these supplements are synthesized from diosgenin which is found in wild yam or soy. It is the product they make in the lab from diosgenin that they call pure pharmaceutical DHEA.

My question is does it matter if the diosgenin is from wild yams? Is it still pharmaceutical grade real stuff?

There are several suppliers of the same liquid DHEA that I pointed to in the original link. However, they say different things about it. One says "It is formulated from wild yam (Dioscorea villosa) extraction. Its molecular structure is identical to that which the body naturally produces". Another says "DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) drops are the highest pharmaceutical grade DHEA". And another says it's "Bioidentical dehydroepiandrosterone".

Does it matter? Is it still the same molecule that will diffuse and work?
11-21-2015 5:50 PM
Thanks given by GoergeFocky
NP17
Minor deity

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 549
Thanks received:
1075 thanks in 541 posts

11-22-2015 5:37 AM

What do you want? Human DHEA? All DHEA is plant-sourced. In fact, all the molecules we use are synthesized from abundant natural sources.
11-22-2015 5:37 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Ace
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

11-22-2015 8:39 AM

That's what I found out. Did a lot of research last night. As far as I can tell, the molecular structure and weight of these is the same as those sold specifically as pheromone additives through pheromone merchants. Bioidentical, as far as I can tell, is no different than what the human body makes. I'll do my work with these.
11-22-2015 8:39 AM
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 150
Thanks received:
556 thanks in 252 posts

11-22-2015 12:18 PM

Yes, most medical grade hormones are manufactured from exogenous sources - bioidentical does mean what you already thought - the same molecule as occurs in the body in this case.

I'd think the best option is to use bulkpowder and dilute it down to your needs, you can skip filtering fillers and additives that way. - the dheas-s cream is a bit impractical to transform into a phero-liquid.

If you're located in the US and shipping fees are neglectable, I recommend buying Dhea-s pre-diluted from PheromoneXS and 7-Keto from LAL.
11-22-2015 12:18 PM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 549
Thanks received:
1075 thanks in 541 posts

11-22-2015 2:28 PM

Well I'm pretty disappointed with LAL's price for the 7-keto. $50 for 10 mg is outrageous. I can get a lifetime supply for half that, all things considered.
11-22-2015 2:28 PM
Ace
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

11-22-2015 5:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. I believe I'm going to get both the liquids and the powder to work with. I haven't found the pregnenolone in powder form yet so the liquid form seems to be the best option I've found of that so far.

As far as the liquid DHEA, it does say that it's pharmaceutical grade and the only additives are alcohol, glycerine, and vanilla flavor. No other fillers or additives. The vanilla flavor seems a small detail considering that only one drop in 2ml will produce a 20mcg a drop solution. It probably won't be noticeable at most usable dilution rates.

I'll surely let everyone know how this all works out as these seem to possibly be quite promising, clean, and money saving alternatives to these molecules as compared to what the vendors are asking. As NP17 said, it's outrageous. And, as we may find out, unnecessary.
11-22-2015 5:26 PM
Thanks given by GoergeFocky
Login or register to remove all advertising

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1987
Thanks received:
2352 thanks in 1324 posts

11-22-2015 6:01 PM

http://www.healthnatura.com/pregnenolone...ne20gr.htm

You can find pure Pregnenolone powder in bulk there.
11-22-2015 6:01 PM
Ace
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

11-22-2015 6:44 PM

Cool. Thanks. 99.9% pure bioidentical for use in neutraceutial product research and development. That's the stuff.
11-22-2015 6:44 PM
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 150
Thanks received:
556 thanks in 252 posts

11-23-2015 3:02 AM

(11-22-2015 5:26 PM)Ace Wrote:  Thanks for the replies. I believe I'm going to get both the liquids and the powder to work with. I haven't found the pregnenolone in powder form yet so the liquid form seems to be the best option I've found of that so far.

As far as the liquid DHEA, it does say that it's pharmaceutical grade and the only additives are alcohol, glycerine, and vanilla flavor. No other fillers or additives. The vanilla flavor seems a small detail considering that only one drop in 2ml will produce a 20mcg a drop solution. It probably won't be noticeable at most usable dilution rates.

I'll surely let everyone know how this all works out as these seem to possibly be quite promising, clean, and money saving alternatives to these molecules as compared to what the vendors are asking. As NP17 said, it's outrageous. And, as we may find out, unnecessary.

Cool, reps for your initiative!
The flavour-residue will not be a problem. Might even enhance the pheromonical signature.

I'm sporting about 20mcg homebrew and filtered 7-Keto this week in an alc/dpg base with roughly 3% mojito perfume oil for coverage/diffusion.
Will let you know what I observe.
11-23-2015 3:02 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DHEAS dbot 40 15,503 11-11-2016 11:30 AM
Last Post: RoverRobb
  DHEAS ocd 2 1,352 06-29-2013 10:02 AM
Last Post: NuTrix
  Androstadienone + 7-Keto DHEA. Good or bad idea? wiserd 3 1,782 05-31-2013 8:11 AM
Last Post: Fly So Hi