Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Customer Service and Glace
Six
Rolling the Dice

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Customer Service and Glace
07-27-2012 7:38 AM

Having read overwhelmingly positive reviews about both AD's products and customer service, I decided to make an order of Glace and Androstadienone, to complement my current set.

I'll start with the positives. I've been testing Glace extensively, going from one spray to five over two weeks. Hits are definitely noticeable and get more consistent as the number of sprays increase. Friends who are usually very stoic begin to talk about random things, and naturally talkative friends wouldn't shut up. My ex went as far as to tell me that I look a lot more confident, which surprised me (we're on good terms but she usually tries to make me jealous, and we very rarely talk about each other's looks etc). I wasn't sure whether to attribute this to the glace or having recently started to go to the gym again.

I haven't had any strangers open me, and hits on strangers seem fairly mild. I've found that a cover scent is essential, as the unscented version faintly smells like coconuts, and wearing five sprays makes me smell like I'm covered in sunscreen. The bottle design is excellent, and it is the only pheromone product I own that's sitting proudly on a shelf rather than in a drawer.

On the other hand, I feel like I've been given the short end of the stick regarding AD customer services. About a week before I made my order, I sent Chris a PM on these boards asking about the Androstadienone sold at AD, to which I've still not received a reply. My order took exactly two weeks to arrive, due to being held at customs. I was eventually charged £16 as customs fee and handling charges, which for my wallet was a hefty addition. I sent an e-mail to sales@Alpha-Dream.com, to which I've also not received any replies after a week. This, contrasted with my recent order from LAL which arrived in less than a week and incurred no extra charges, served to heighten my annoyance. As a customer, it does feel unappreciated to be ignored. Due to this, I've canceled my plans to buy L2K during the summer sale.

Rather than ending on a bad note, however, I would like to reiterate that the product itself is excellent. For people living in the US, the shipping shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure what to buy? Check out these Starter Ideas for Newbies
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 7:47 AM by Six.)
07-27-2012 7:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
preck
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Customer Service and Glace
07-27-2012 8:31 AM

Chris is a good guy you gotta be very patient with him especially if you not from US and hes always very busy so dont take the no PM replys personally.

I love his products and prices but had some bad experiences with his costumer service too but hey nobody is perfect 4 example i love L Alchemy products and i think they have the best customer services but i hate the high prices and the fact that he rarely runs discounts....

Idea
Chris is a good guy you gotta be very patient with him especially if you not from US and hes always very busy so dont take the no PM replys personally.

I love his products and prices but had some bad experiences with his costumer service too but hey nobody is perfect 4 example i love L Alchemy products and i think they have the best customer services but i hate the high prices and the fact that he rarely runs discounts....

Idea
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 8:31 AM by preck.)
07-27-2012 8:31 AM
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Sex: Female

Rep Post

07-27-2012 9:08 AM

I always hear LAL praised to high heaven... and I do like Gary's philosophies... I think he seems pretty cool.

And the shipping price is pretty decent.... And last December LAL did run a discount. It was like 10 or 15% off with coupon code.

So I bought the Passion Copulin Concentrate very cheaply. And, it took over a week and a half to get here (which is unusually long for LAL). The shipping tracking was nonexistent. The product I received did not get over the top hits and only seems to really be worth applying in accompaniment with other products. Then its noticeable. Whatever. I got it for like 20 bucks. I'm not complaining.

I didn't bother caring that the shipping took a bit long. People are busy sometimes. I know the world does not revolve around me. In this consumer-centric, self-important society we've created, I sometimes feel that customers have become so self-absorbed that they forget to consider that the merchant is a living, breathing person, too.

I'm sure Gary had an increase in sales due to holidays and the coupon. Maybe he had holiday parties to attend. He seems like a very fun and likable person. Maybe he was Christmas shopping.... but for all I know maybe his wife's mother died. All I'm saying is that we all have stuff going on.

I personally only have contacted vendors when my order is received and the contents are incorrect(Androtics and Truepheromones). I figure they get enough calls. I'm caring and considerate when I talk to them, and I get great customer service.

I've never had a problem with Alpha Dream shipping me my stuff promptly, and the products they make are in a class of their own. the stuff WORKS like Whoa!

But that does suck about the customs fees. I do feel for you there.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 9:45 AM by AlternativeGirl.)
07-27-2012 9:08 AM
Riverwind
Ghost in the Crowds

Rep Post

07-27-2012 10:50 AM

In this case I feel the urge to comment on this stuff. ;)

We know that there are actually single people working LAL or Alpha-Dream, but from the outside, these look more like companies where there are several (maybe even 10 or 20) people working. In those cases, people tend to expect the service that a big company can provide. If a supermarket closes without warning because of an unexpected circumstance (without a sign on the door), the people would not be happy either. Remember also that especially in the pheromone business there is a lot of bullshit and lots of ripsoffs. So people are afraid of losing their money. I realize that Gary and Chris are living and breathing people - and personally I don't sweat it if a delivery takes two weeks or even more. Some people are a bit more nervous.

And idea that seems to help: If something happens in the family and you have noone to run the shop while you are out of town, put a note on your website or an auto-reply on your eMails. It will cool people down.

Concerning the customs...
As I have written before, not one damn delivery made it through customs to my doorstep without me having to pay for it. The regular fee is 19% (for cologne) and that is also put on top of shipping fees - at least here in Germany. This is not the vendor's fault, it is the law of your country. Complaining that a vendor isn't "sneeky" enough to fool customs seems a little off.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris
Riverwind's Storybook
07-27-2012 10:50 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

07-27-2012 12:05 PM

Well said, Riverwind. You make a bunch of great points and you do so with eloquence.

Conversely, I think I will apologize for my snarky comments. I obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 12:18 PM by AlternativeGirl.)
07-27-2012 12:05 PM
Six
Rolling the Dice

Rep Post

07-27-2012 6:26 PM

(07-27-2012 10:50 AM)Riverwind Wrote:  Concerning the customs...
As I have written before, not one damn delivery made it through customs to my doorstep without me having to pay for it. The regular fee is 19% (for cologne) and that is also put on top of shipping fees - at least here in Germany. This is not the vendor's fault, it is the law of your country. Complaining that a vendor isn't "sneeky" enough to fool customs seems a little off.

That is unfortunate, and I know just how annoying it is to have an extra charge tacked on top of a purchase. On my side (UK), I've had three other pheromone companies deliver without any customs fuss. Regardless, my annoyance with the customs cannot be directed at AD - that much is true. However, the failure to respond to my contact is what really gets at me. Even if they had just send a message back to say that they were busy for the time being and will deal with my request later, I'd at least know that my business isn't being neglected.

07-27-2012 6:26 PM
Riverwind
Ghost in the Crowds

Rep Post

07-28-2012 8:06 AM

Well, I have no idea why you didn't get an answer yet and I have to admit, this is very out of character for Garry. But you know he is for real and so is his company. I have gotten stuff from LAL in the past and am waiting on Overdose right now (has been 8 days, but it takes pretty long from Hawaii to Germany).

You could ask your questions here in the forum. Big Grin

Chris
Riverwind's Storybook
07-28-2012 8:06 AM
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

07-28-2012 8:43 AM

From what I hear, Gary is very good at responding to his customers, answering questions and concerns, and offering advice.

Six is saying he has yet to receive a reply from Alpha Dream.

I know the company has been very busy working out all the details of their release of L2K. There is the phenomenal phero blend with which to begin, but Alpha Dream also takes pride in packaging. A lot of effort goes into creating new products such as this... creating new products in general...

And then they are having to fill all of the orders that came in from pennypheromones.com over the last week. I imagine they have quite a flood of activity due to this exciting, new site.

I imagine Amara and Chris are very busy.

I know you say you had a question about the Androstadienone , six. If you were to post it on this thread, I am sure I or one of the other members would be able to find the answer for you. Alpha Dream recently posted about the exact purity of the product. Any questions you have might very easily be answered by the kind people here.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2012 8:44 AM by AlternativeGirl.)
07-28-2012 8:43 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Six
Rolling the Dice

Rep Post

07-28-2012 7:40 PM

Today I was given a full refund from Alpha Dream. I felt this was overly generous, and I sent back an amount such that in the end I was refunded £16 (the customs fee). I certainly appreciate this, and apologise to AD that this review turned to the negatives.

My question about Androstadienone was to do with dropper bottles and spray bottles. I was confused as to the benefits of the spray bottle, since (as I understood it) for the same price you could buy the dropper which not only contained a higher concentration, but also contained more total pheromone mass.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2012 7:40 PM by Six.)
07-28-2012 7:40 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Alpha Dream Customer Service Black Machismo 3 2,812 10-28-2013 7:26 AM
Last Post: Being