Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Converting Spray to Oil?
TongRen
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Converting Spray to Oil?
04-03-2016 5:43 PM

I was wondering if there was a good tutorial on converting a spray single molecule to oil. Mostly want to know ratios of oil to the alcohol + mones in the starting mix.
04-03-2016 5:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperJoy

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Converting Spray to Oil?
04-03-2016 7:47 PM

Did you mean oil to spray?

Oil to spray is easy. Not so much the other way around.
04-03-2016 7:47 PM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

04-03-2016 7:54 PM

You just add Dipropylene Glycol "to taste." Anything from 10% to 100% DPG has been done. However, it will mess up the diffusion of various molecules. The heavy molecules will stay glued to your skin and the light ones will fly off easier. So the ratios of molecules will be skewed from what the formulator has carefully created. This will mean a mix will be overbuffered or underbuffered, either too raw and aggressive or too wimpy and friendly.

I've never tried this myself, but I've read stuff from SteveO and idle both from PXS saying something to that effect. It sounds legit, and they've done a lot of experimenting with conversion of sprays to oils.

Also, adding all that oil will mean that you have to apply a large volume of product to your skin, which will be oily for a considerable time after application. You can rub it in to make the oil disappear, but it won't diffuse as well.

Sun bespectacled
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 7:56 PM by NP17.)
04-03-2016 7:54 PM
TongRen
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

04-03-2016 9:05 PM

(04-03-2016 7:54 PM)NP17 Wrote:  You just add Dipropylene Glycol "to taste." Anything from 10% to 100% DPG has been done. However, it will mess up the diffusion of various molecules. The heavy molecules will stay glued to your skin and the light ones will fly off easier. So the ratios of molecules will be skewed from what the formulator has carefully created. This will mean a mix will be overbuffered or underbuffered, either too raw and aggressive or too wimpy and friendly.

I've never tried this myself, but I've read stuff from SteveO and idle both from PXS saying something to that effect. It sounds legit, and they've done a lot of experimenting with conversion of sprays to oils.

Also, adding all that oil will mean that you have to apply a large volume of product to your skin, which will be oily for a considerable time after application. You can rub it in to make the oil disappear, but it won't diffuse as well.

Thanks guys. This is specifically for single molecules, like TAF and XSP96, since XS does not offer these...yet. (Or TAC oil...still dreaming).
04-03-2016 9:05 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

04-03-2016 9:08 PM

A high enough concentration would make that easily workable, for sure. Pull a bit out into a separate bottle with a pipette and put in some DPG with another pipette to avoid cross-contamination. 10% is an adequate fixative. 40% DPG is a decent amount. 60% is a solid oil base. Androtics scent has fixatives in it, so account for that, careful not to use too much oil or it will lose potency.

Sun bespectacled
04-03-2016 9:08 PM
lukalv
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-15-2019 9:44 AM

I'm writting here, because I have similar question and I don't want make a new thread.
I want to convert oil to spray, more precisely I have AV oil (scented) and I want to mix it up with Dior - Sauvage.
I want to make 10 ml of such a preparation, how much AV should I pour and how much perfume? How much spray should I use afterwards?
11-15-2019 9:44 AM
jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-16-2019 5:32 AM

People like to put lotion/moisturizer on then apply mones later to make them diffuse slower/reduce absorption...I personally don't do it. I think Russian Wolf has experience with it. Then, you can use a clover scent next to the app point.
11-16-2019 5:32 AM
Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

11-23-2019 10:40 AM

(11-15-2019 9:44 AM)lukalv Wrote:  I'm writting here, because I have similar question and I don't want make a new thread.
I want to convert oil to spray, more precisely I have AV oil (scented) and I want to mix it up with Dior - Sauvage.
I want to make 10 ml of such a preparation, how much AV should I pour and how much perfume? How much spray should I use afterwards?

Well....

First keep in mind that my pheromone math is horrendous.

Assuming you want a nice spray you would have to make about a 70% perfume to 30% oil mix. That means you have to add 7 ml of Dior to 3 ml AV.

Here's where my math gets fuzzy. Since you are diluting AV by 200+ percent you'll have to dose twice as much as the pure AV oil. Twice as much means about 4 drops. However, the 10 ml sprayer sprays @7-8 sprays per ml. The volume of each spray is @0.070-0.08. Then you convert the drops of AV to volume of liquid...a drop can be 0.05 to as small as 0.02...

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
11-23-2019 10:40 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

12-03-2019 12:50 PM

(11-23-2019 10:40 AM)Paradox Wrote:  Assuming you want a nice spray you would have to make about a 70% perfume to 30% oil mix. That means you have to add 7 ml of Dior to 3 ml AV.

Here's where my math gets fuzzy. Since you are diluting AV by 200+ percent you'll have to dose twice as much as the pure AV oil. Twice as much means about 4 drops. However, the 10 ml sprayer sprays @7-8 sprays per ml. The volume of each spray is @0.070-0.08. Then you convert the drops of AV to volume of liquid...a drop can be 0.05 to as small as 0.02...

Your math, while fuzzy as you declared, is pretty sound. At a 70/30 dilution ratio 2.33 drops would roughly equal the strength of 1 undiluted drop; so your 2:1 ratio is sound.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
12-03-2019 12:50 PM
Hombre
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

12-09-2019 10:34 AM

(11-15-2019 9:44 AM)lukalv Wrote:  I'm writting here, because I have similar question and I don't want make a new thread.

i did it with swoon which has very low viscosity (almost watery).
mixed 50-50 with a perfume, shaked the bottle a few times a day for a week or so. also added a bit of iso-e.
seems to work fine but who knows haha

it leaves oil residue on my skin so if i touch it even after an hour or more i get oil on my finger.
but i dont find it to be a problem at all.
it sprays just like a normal perfume.
12-09-2019 10:34 AM

Share This Thread