Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conversation taken from " OMG *horror*
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

RE: OH MY GOD *horror*
01-17-2010 7:47 PM

You know I've been talking all of this over with Mara because with the first fragranced copulins in oil there was a problem with headache with overuse.  But it was never determined if it was the copulins, the alcohol, or the fragrance.

I did test this out at home, however, and was able to reproduce headache conditions with alcohol without a fragrance, but only at a very high concentration.  In the oils, the diffusion was terrible at the same level as concentrationas the alcohol, but became much better when I greatly increased the concentration of the copulins in the oil.

And I did not ever see headache effects with oil unles I went very, very high in the concentration.

Mark, I'm not saying that there are no sexual seeking behavior with copulins.  What the limited testing that we did at AD, and I did with others after the very short amount of time these were able to be tested at AD is...

The majority saw anti-anxiety effects, increased social interaction behavior, EST-like effects in the targets, increased cuddling, and self effects of mood lifting and increased feelings of well-being.  Most also saw increased friendliness from females as well.

Some saw increased sexual seeking behavior.  Some saw increased sexual aggressiveness.  But not everyone saw this and those that did see it did not see it all the time.  When it was there it was there markedly, and when it was not there was still the increased cuddling and EST-like effects.

The expectation was that copulins would show increased sexual seeking behavior in men and increased sexual agression in men... all the time... I'm guessing.  The other effects, especially the self effects, were totally unexpected.

These are pure copulins that I'm offering... everyone knows that.  These are the same fatty acids found in the "producers" from the research.  The lab analysis showed that the ratios of the fatty acids are within the normal ranges of those of these same "producers."  The ratios of my copulins mimick an ovulating female.

Not every ovulating female is jumped by a sex crazed man, so I'm wondering why that expectation is there for my copulins?  And I'm wondering why this has become the basis for declaring that they don't work.  They do work, just not as was expected.

Diane

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 7:47 PM by Diane999.)
01-17-2010 7:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

01-17-2010 7:59 PM

Tisha, I never meant to imply there is anything wrong or dirty about your husband or anyone else that likes these smells. I can see where you took it that way, though.

For the record I don't think you or your husband or anyone else who is attracted to these smells has anything wrong with them. I just wanted to point out that not everyone is attracted to them, especially when they are at a higher concentration.

I should have used the word "animal" smells instead. These have been used in perfumery for as long as there has been perfumery because they are very attractive at very low concentrations. Civit, Deer Musk, Indole, Castorium, etc. are all urine or fecal scent elements that are used in perfumery. Civit is very attractive to most women, and men usually hate it even in minute amounts. Castorium is the opposite... most women hate it and most men love it.

They are dirty, urinus, fecal smells at concentration. They add something to perfumery that is animalic and attractive when they are in low concentration and blended with other smells. Perfumers refer to them as fecal elements, or urine elements, or "dirty" elements. It wasn't meant as a pejorative term, just a descriptive term.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 8:01 PM by Diane999.)
01-17-2010 7:59 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

terry0400-40

Rep Post

01-17-2010 8:09 PM

(01-17-2010 6:46 PM)Tisha Wrote:  Awwww A poet Big Grin
Quote:When i have used Diane's copulin unscented oil on several occasions specifically added to my mix i am beginning to get the picture that some of my female contacts actually do pick up on something as some seem to distance themselves from me and then some seem more delighted in my presence, possibly the younger ones are picking up on it more favourably, but this is just my initial perceptions and i really need to be repeating my applications for a good month at least so as to get a more accurate knowlede of how it works for me as a man, and i will report back.
I look forward to your reports especially since men dont make copulins and the signal it sends when on a man is unclear. Normally it signals sexually active male. But with Dianes it could be different who knows.
Quote:With regard to self effects i use a small dab every day it is divided and goes into each nostril as i enjoy the vibrancy it exhibits.
Wow really right inside your nose. Does that mean they absorb into your system ? I know water solubles will absorb through the mucus membranes into the system but I dont know if Diane's copulin formula is water soluble. If so your self effects could be from that. Maybe those crazy yahoo ladies on onto something LOL J/K Razz http://www.copulins.freeservers.com/ Ever read this ? Read effect on males behavior, Its a hoot. LOL Tisha
An interesting read, so the womans thingy is responsible for so many other effects other than the ones a male is usually aware of lol, so even though we really just love it to death it has the ability to place other controls upon us other than what our own lustful natures dictates,? yep you women sure are complex creatures with some amazing built in stealth features.

Well yes i do place the cops just inside my nasal enterance and therefore it would be absorbed in similar manner as most other things like soaps cosmetics, theraputic oils, dust, pollen, perfumes and pheromones ect i would suppose, but i understand what you may be getting at and i have also been wondering if i may be experiencing some side effects from the close up use of a small dab of the cops concentrate, ie like fatigue or some come down effects and i will be on the look out for any abnormalities, although my life and actions are far removed from a normal man i sometimes wonder if i will ever be normal ha ha.
Just below is a copy of an extract from your yahoo link......

"Copulins are a mixture of vaginal acids suspended in vaginal fluids and are secreted near the presence of male semen"

Any excuse really flip flop fiddle or F, all in the name of science i am willing to do my part, Just when yas all were beginning to think i was easy. grin

[Image: PcNbWD0.jpg?2]
My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
01-17-2010 8:09 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

01-17-2010 8:20 PM

(01-17-2010 7:47 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  Mark, I'm not saying that there are no sexual seeking behavior with copulins. 

Diane, I wasn't implying otherwise.  I just posted a couple of links that I thought were interesting, and I giving my input as to why I believe that copulins may be related to sexxual seeking behavior and attracting a mate.

We don't have to look further than our canine and feline friends to see what happens when the female is ovulating.  My guess is the males are smelling copulins and resonding.

I've also heard that dogs can be much......friendlier to women when they are fertile.

I'm not drawing a line in the sand though, and only providing my input as one possible theory.  I could be as wrong as those who once believed the earth was flat.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-17-2010 8:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

01-17-2010 10:13 PM

Well, yes, but our animal friends have different systems to work with ovulation than we do. And dogs in particular have the ability to differentiate thousands of times more compounds than even the best middle aged woman, who has, by the way, a much better ability to smell things than men do.

Dogs and Cats and Apes go into heat when they ovulate. Women do not go into heat.

Female hampsters product a heavy protein during ovulation, called aphrodisin, that signals males to mount and breed with them. Women do not produce anything like this.

Female fish, when ready to reproduce, produce a ton of steroids that they release from their gills that induce males to chase, follow, fight each other, produce milt, and fertilize their eggs. Women don't do this.

Moths produce and release Bombasin to induce males to find them and mount and fertilize them. In humans, Bombasin is an endocrine hormone that stops hunger, and it is not a pheromone.

It would be very simple if humans had the same systems as our animal friends, and responded the same way. But unfortunately that isn't the case.

Yes, apes produce copulins, but they also go into heat, and they have obvious changes to their genitals with swelling and a reddening of the vulva that visually signals males to mount them.

A closer analog to humans would be bonobos, which mate about 30 days out of their 35 day cycle, because they, like us, do not go into heat. The males and females of this species mate as much (if not more) for comfort as for reproduction. They mate more often when they are depressed after the loss of one of their members, or when they are anxious or afraid. The female genitals show the same swelling as chimpanzees and other apes do, but the difference is that this swelling is apparent during the entire 30 days when they are not menstruating.

This does not mean that women don't signal men pheromonally to engage in sex. They may very well do so. It just hasn't been shown, yet, and the issue is made more complex by our social nature, and the ability we have to stop ourselves from engaging in enjoyable activity for a whole host of compelling reasons, not the least of which is/could be fear of rejection. In this regard, we may be cursed with an imagination.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 10:22 PM by Diane999.)
01-17-2010 10:13 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

01-17-2010 10:24 PM

(01-17-2010 8:09 PM)terry0400-40 Wrote:  

An interesting read, so the womans thingy is responsible for so many other effects other than the ones a male is usually aware of lol, so even though we really just love it to death it has the ability to place other controls upon us other than what our own lustful natures dictates,? yep you women sure are complex creatures with some amazing built in stealth features.

Well yes i do place the cops just inside my nasal enterance and therefore it would be absorbed in similar manner as most other things like soaps cosmetics, theraputic oils, dust, pollen, perfumes and pheromones ect i would suppose, but i understand what you may be getting at and i have also been wondering if i may be experiencing some side effects from the close up use of a small dab of the cops concentrate, ie like fatigue or some come down effects and i will be on the look out for any abnormalities, although my life and actions are far removed from a normal man i sometimes wonder if i will ever be normal ha ha.
Just below is a copy of an extract from your yahoo link......

"Copulins are a mixture of vaginal acids suspended in vaginal fluids and are secreted near the presence of male semen"

Any excuse really flip flop fiddle or F, all in the name of science i am willing to do my part, Just when yas all were beginning to think i was easy. grin

She's just kidding you.  That site is a bunch of bogus junk.  We all had a good laugh over it at one time.

Diane

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 10:25 PM by Diane999.)
01-17-2010 10:24 PM

terry0400-40

Rep Post

01-18-2010 1:20 AM

(01-17-2010 10:24 PM)Diane999 Wrote:  

She's just kidding you.  That site is a bunch of bogus junk.  We all had a good laugh over it at one time.

Diane

Awwwww just when i thought i had a ligitimate excuse to go on a milt producing binge !!!!

Oh well thanks for letting me know, anyways because of my limited education i am often drawn into beleiving in bogus junk and for some reason i actually do take things literally, some of my friends and aquaintainces know this and have a laugh when they realize they have sucked me in.

Also you were aware that i was sucked in, and that just goes to prove how easy it is to get to know or to have an idea about the character of a forum member, well to some degree i suppose.

[Image: PcNbWD0.jpg?2]
My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
01-18-2010 1:20 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-18-2010 6:35 AM

Diane Wrote:Tisha, I never meant to imply there is anything wrong or dirty about your husband or anyone else that likes these smells. I can see where you took it that way, though.

LOL I know that Diane that's why I said it was silly. I dont know why it bugged me it just did and I figured if I told you my feelings about it (as silly as they were) it would stop bugging me and it did.

Diane Wrote:Not every ovulating female is jumped by a sex crazed man, so I'm wondering why that expectation is there for my copulins? And I'm wondering why this has become the basis for declaring that they don't work. They do work, just not as was expected.

I gotta say I never met a ovulating women who has any of those self effects that have been reported. Feelings of euphoria, increased energy, (I usually get that a few days before my period not when ovulating) decreased anxiety, swelling of the labia , lowing of blood pressure, angina relief ?? Why are these a basis for saying they work ?

Quote:Dogs and Cats and Apes go into heat when they ovulate. Women do not go into heat.

I agree women do not go into heat like animals do. But science again has indicated that humans do signal most likely chemically during ovulation we just dont go into Estrous. Women do however display some of the self effects with your product that animals would get during ovulation which is one of the reasons why I questioned behavior changes is my report thread. When animals ovulate they go into estrous which is primarily a visual signal Its a behavior change due to the way ovulation makes them feel.

This is not a scientific paper but it has been published I just cant find the original..........

http://www.medicine.org/profiles/blogs/d...-into-heat

http://digitalcommons.iwu.edu/cgi/viewco...th_honproj

We have come a ways scientifically with the study of copulins since the above paper was written but it has some interesting points.

A lot of the self effect you indicated with your product would suggest your natural copulin formula is putting some people in a sort of natural state of heat. I haven't experienced any of these indicators myself with it though. Other copulin formulas dont have self effects other then perhaps feeling more feminine. They just signal on the olfactory level not by behavioral changes in the females.

Its a interesting subject.....................

anywhooo................

I think that is the key word here (work) and it is what has us stumbling over this whole subject. We look at work as they are doing what they have always done in the commercial copulin world. Your looking at what they do medically and while in the act of intimacy. No one buys any pheromones for medical reasons they buy them for attraction and no not everyone will know this when they buy yours. Sure your friends know, the forum members know but what about women who buy them expecting to get the classic copulin effect. Yes they may work for intimate situations but the reason most women by them is to get them to that intimate situation.

You have mentioned .......
Quote:I don't try to put them on and influence him from across the room or across a crowded room. I don't think copulins work that way. In the natural state they are intimate.

I agree to a degree they are intimate and when in a crowded room at a distance they are not going to do much no matter what brand your wearing. Copulins do sexually attract men when worn at a reasonable distance though. Astrid Jutte even indicated that they improve males perception of a woman's attractiveness. Sure it was just one test but I believe I have seen it. Not all of my friends are what men would consider pretty and I have had them test them.

I agree with you though that it is a perception of the word "work" Its means something different to you then it does to us.

Terri Wrote:An interesting read, so the woman's thingy is responsible for so many other effects other than the ones a male is usually aware of lol, so even though we really just love it to death it has the ability to place other controls upon us other than what our own lustful natures dictates,? yep you women sure are complex creatures with some amazing built in stealth features.

Oh no (((((Terri)))))) I was just joking. That's why I wrote j/k, It means means just kidding in forum talk. I wasn't trying to put one over on you. Those ladies from that site are bonkers and I was just lightening things up a little. That site does scare the crap out of some of the younger males though. snort. I am serious about the nasal applications though. It is easier for some more then others to pick up on the character of a forum member as well as their motives. Its not just being able to determine from what they will say to you on a open forum but what they say when they think you cant here or see them and how your treat the person even knowing what is being said. Hard to explain but that really reveals a persons character. ;)

Nia Wrote:I wrote Lovescent and here was their response:

It is temporarily off the site and has NOT been discontinued.

Thank you for finding that out Nia, as Di mentioned there has been some complaints of leakage over at Ptalk so that would explain it.

Tisha
01-18-2010 6:35 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

01-18-2010 1:32 PM

I'm often just playing devil's advocate here. But also trying to shed some light on possible mechanisms of action by talking about the scientific information that is known about a substance.

So there is at least one pheromone that increases cortisol in women. No one buys it for that reason, but it may contribute to its effect. Knowing that it does this is just another piece of the puzzle.

Copulins seem to consistently lower anxiety in males, and cause increase in social seeking behavior. That is one of its effects. It seems to consistently cause increase in cuddling and touch-seeking behavior in males. That is another effect. It seems to sometimes trigger more aggressive sexual seeking behavior in mates, but not always. It seems to often cause sleep disturbances in males, more restless movement, and unconscious physical touch seeking behavior during sleep. This one has been documented in at least one sleep study and I'll try to find it again.

Richard P. Michael found that about 30% of ovulating women (he called them 'producers') produced a significant amount of copulins. These same substances do induce copulatory behaviour in infra-human monkeys. The copulin production increased up until ovulation, and then decreased as menstruation approached. Michael noted that women on birth-control pills did not show this mid-cycle increase, and had a lower overall fatty acid content. He theorized that copulins were a sexual trigger in humans, but this has never been demonstrated in controlled studies. Interestingly, it was reported by Micheal, et, al, that the female producers' secretions did increase copulatory behavior in rhesus monkeys. But this was not confirmed by others trying to verify these results.

I found the following abstract from 1978:

Quote: Morris, Naomi M.; Udry, J. Richard. Pheromonal influences on human sexual behaviour: An experimental search. Journal of Biosocial Science, 1978 Apr, v10 (n2):147-157. ABSTRACT: Investigated the effect of a synthetic hypothetical human female pheromone on sexual behavior. 62 young married couples (mean age of men 25.5 yrs; of women, 24.8 yrs) who were using contraception but not the pill or the rhythm method were given a set of coded treatments packaged in one-dose containers, consecutively numbered, and randomized so that each of 4 treatments appeared twice in 8 days.

One treatment was the olfactory stimulus of interest--6 short-chain aliphatic acids in an alcohol solution. The other treatments were alcohol alone, water alone, and a perfume called "heather" in alcohol solution. The treatment was contained for 3 menstrual months.

Results show no effect of the experimental [fatty acids] on occurrence of intercourse, husband's desire for sex, wife's desire for sex, occurrence of sex play, male orgasm, or female orgasm.

Among the 12 couples within the sample who exhibited cyclic sexual behavior patterns of having sex more frequently at midcycle than during the luteal phase, a significant difference occurred between the proportion of positive sexual intercourse reports following exposure to the acid mixture and the proportion of positive reports following exposure to the other treatments.

(-emphasis is mine)

Perhaps the women, like those in this study, who see increased sexual behavior during ovulation produce a secondary substance in addition to the copulins that does signal males to engage in sex, or perhaps they are responding to their own increase in copulins... but if either of these is the case they have not been elucidated yet. I am one of those women who has always had more desire for and had more sex during mid phase, and interestingly, I do get increased sexual arousal with the use of copulins. It is just another piece of the puzzle.

Astrid Jutte's study showed a transient but significant increase in male testosterone production in men exposed to copulins. However, to my knowledge no behavior change has been shown as a result of this increase in testosterone.

However, testosterone may help support a pregnancy by dramatically lowering uterine contractility. The question is, "Do women who are pregnant produce higher amounts of copulins?" Yes, they do. Copulin production is dependent on Estrogen levels being high. During ovulation and during pregnancy estrogen levels are at their highest, with estrogen levels continually rising until term.

Quote: ...Each androgen tested (dehydroepiandrosterone, testosterone, 5α- and 5β-dihydrotestosterone, androsterone, or androstanediol) caused a concentration-dependent inhibition of spontaneous contractile activity; a relaxing effect of these androgens was also observed on the contractions induced by high potassium (KCl) solution. Interestingly, nonpregnant myometrium was also sensitive to androgen-induced relaxation.

...These observations demonstrate that androgens may play a crucial role in maintaining pregnancy.

http://www.biolreprod.org/content/73/2/214.abstract

Here is an interesting study on the potential pheromonal effects of progesterone (and maybe its derivatives?) having a possible negative effect on male desire and sexual seeking behavior, and the implication of birth control pills being partially responsible for increased sexual seeking behavior in males during the second half of the females' cycle:

Quote: Udry, J. Richard; Morris, Naomi M.; Waller, Lynn. Effect of contraceptive pills on sexual activity in the luteal phase of the human menstrual cycle. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 1973 Jun, v2 (n3):205-214. ABSTRACT: Conducted a double-blind placebo study of the effects of contraceptives on the sexual activity of 51 18-35 yr. old married women followed over 3 menstrual cycles. Differences in sexual activity during the luteal phase of the cycle (days 18-25) were noted. Sexual activity increased for Subjects on contraceptive pills but not on placebo.

The hypotheses that the difference was due to contraceptive pills directly affecting the feeling state or overall activity level were rejected. The data are consistent, however, with the hypothesis that the presence of endogenous progesterone during natural cycles affects the male so that he does not desire coitus as frequently during the luteal phase. The absence of endogenous progesterone during pill cycles removes whatever restraint progesterone has on coitus. No other interpretation was consistent with the data. The influence on the human male may operate via a pheromone as in the case with male rhesus monkeys.

The above abstracts were originally compiled by Stevan Harnad (harnad@aoton.ac.uk).

Sexual attraction is the holy grail of pheromone use. And why wouldn't it be? But so far, no sexual seeking behavior releasers have been unimpeachably identified. The best we have been able to demonstrate so far is influencing inclination and mood.

But the story is not done by a long shot and there have been positive signs that releaser pheromones will be identified. Below are some pieces of both sides of the puzzle.

There was an interesting study done comparing Androstenol to Androstenone that directly called into question the perceived sexual effects of Androstenone on females:

Quote:Filsinger et al. (Filsinger EE, Braun JJ, Monte WC. An examination of the effects of putative pheromones on human judgements. Ethol Sociobiol 1985;6:227"“36) asked males and females to rate vignettes of a fictional target male and female using semantic differentials, and also to provide a self-assessment of mood. The test materials had been sealed into plastic bags, which were either impregnated with androstenol, androstenone, a synthetic musk control, and a no-odour control. Females exposed to androstenone produced lower sexual attractiveness ratings of the target male, while males exposed to androstenol perceived the male targets to be more sexually attractive.

However, a study by Bellis, et al, (Bellis MA, Baker RR. Do females promote sperm-competition? Data for humans Anim Behav 1991;40(5):997"“9) showed that female infidelity increases dramatically at ovulation. Grammer noted that females who are ovulating find Androstenone attractive, while those who are not find it repelling (Grammer K. 5-a-androst-16en-3a-on: a male pheromone? A brief report Ethol Sociobiol 1993;14:201"“8) and attributed this as a male evolutionary strategy to overcome "hidden ovulation". If the theories of hidden ovulation are correct, then women do not pheromonally signal when they are fertile.

Perhaps this is the piece of the puzzle that women sometimes find adding androstenone to copulins makes it work better. That has been reported in Essence of Woman use as well, and is an interesting idea.

And Androstenol:

Quote:In an early report, Kirk-Smith et al. (Kirk-Smith M, Booth MA, Carroll D, Davies P. Human social attitudes affected by androstenol. Res Comm Psych Psychiat Behav 1978;3:379"“84) asked 12 male and female undergraduates to rate photographs of people, animals and buildings using 159-point bipolar scales (e.g. unattractive"“attractive), while wearing surgical masks either impregnated with androstenol or left undoctored. Mood ratings were also completed. In the presence of androstenol, male and female stimuli were also rated as being "˜warmer' and "˜more friendly'. Van Toller et al. (Van Toller C, Kirk-Smith M, Lombard J, Dodd GH. Skin conductance and subjective assessments associated with the odour of 5a-androstan-3-one. Biol Psychol 1983;16:85"“107) showed that skin conductance in volunteers exposed to androstenone was higher than that of non-exposed volunteers thereby providing evidence as to the physiological effects of pheromone exposure. However, Benton and Wastell (Benton D, Wastell V. Effects of androstenol on human sexual arousal. Biol Psychol 1986;22:141"“7) had groups of females read either a neutral or a sexually arousing passage whilst exposed to either androstenol or a placebo substance. While sexual arousal was higher in the "˜arousal' condition, the authors found no evidence that exposure to androstenol had influenced sexual feelings.

For the other side:

Quote:Two studies which have often been cited as the strongest evidence yet provided for the influence of pheromones on human sociosexual behaviour are those of Cutler et al. (Cutler WB, Friedmann E, McCoy NL. Pheromonal influences on sociosexual behaviour in men. Arch Sex Behav 1998;27:1"“13) and McCoy and Pitino (McCoy NL, Pitino L. Pheromonal influences on sociosexual behaviour in young women. Physiol Behav 2002;75:367"“75). Both studies employed double blind, placebo-controlled methods and focused upon the effects of synthetic pheromones on self-reported sociosexual behaviours in young men and women.

In the first study [cited above] 38 male volunteers recorded the occurrence of six sociosexual behaviors (petting/affection/kissing; formal dates; informal dates; sleeping next to a partner; sexual intercourse; and masturbation) over a 2-week "˜baseline' period. Over the next 6 weeks the volunteers kept the same records while daily applying a male pheromone or a control substance added to their usual aftershave lotion.

The authors reported that a significantly higher proportion of pheromone users compared to placebo users showed an increase from baseline in "˜sexual intercourse' and "˜sleeping next to a romantic partner'. In general 58% of the pheromone group compared to 19% of the placebo group showed increases in two or more behaviors compared to baseline; 41% of the pheromone group compared to 9.5% of the placebo group showed increases in three or more behaviors compared to baseline.

In the second study [cited above] 36 female volunteers recorded the occurrence of the same six socio-sexual behaviours and an additional behaviour "˜male approaches' over a 2-week "˜baseline' period. Over the next 6 weeks they then either applied a synthetic female pheromone or a control substance added to their usual perfume on a daily basis. While the groups did not differ in their sociosexual behaviours at baseline, a significantly higher proportion of the pheromone group showed increases in the following behaviours: "˜sexual intercourse', "˜sleeping next to a partner', "˜formal dates' and "˜petting/affection/kissing'.

However, as pheromone exposure can shift the timing of ovulation, the authors recalculated the data to only include the first experimental cycle. After these recalculations the pheromone group only significantly differed from the placebo group in "˜sexual intercourse' and "˜formal dating'. In terms of percentages, three or more sociosexual behaviors increased over baseline in 74% of pheromone users but only 23% of placebo users.

As there was no increase in self-reported masturbation the authors argued that the changes did not reflect changes in sexual motivation, but that the pheromones had "˜"˜positive sexual attractant effects. . .''

However, there were methodological problems with both studies; i.e., the attractiveness of the group members wasn't controlled; the reports were self-reports which are prone to error and subjective bias, especially this was the case of the second study, since "back-filling" was allowed by the reporters - and so no objective record of placebo vs. pheromone was obtained; and the relationship and dating status of the participants wasn't controlled or accounted for in the studies, since some were in long term relationships, some were single and some were married; and while the actual behaviors were recorded, the testing time frame was short, test time of pheromone (6 weeks) vs. placebo (2 weeks) were very different, and the context within which these behaviors occurred was not controlled for. All these factors don't totally invalidate the information obtained from these studies but they do potentially lessen the significance of what was found.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 2:15 PM by Diane999.)
01-18-2010 1:32 PM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-18-2010 7:14 PM

Once again, this thread has been highjacked. This is the last time. The high jacking of threads will stop even if we have to have an admin stay on these boards 24/7 to ensure it. Again it's not only disrespectful, to Selva, it's disrespectful to the rest of the members as well.

Once again, I'm sorry Selva, this should never have happened. YOU have no need to apologize YOU didn't do anything wrong, all YOU did was ask a question. This should never have turned into another thread promoting Diane's copulins. From this moment forward, we WILL delete those highjacking posts. Freedom of speech on this forum does not mean anyone is permitted to highjack threads in the guise of being  a "contributing member" for self-serving purposes. That party is over. Consider it a warning to anyone who seriously side tracks threads.

Take note, the next time we see a thread being highjacked, in this manner, the highjacking posts WILL be deleted. We don't care WHO started it. This is not open for discussion.

While I'm here, I'd like to call y'alls attention to something else we've been noticing in our travels around the forum. It's pertinent to this thread in particular and about posting on the forum in general. While reading, we've noticed an increasing number of posts quoting "someone" who is not named...i.e., [quote='NOBODY'S NAME HERE']  ...and then the nameless quote. It may be unintentional but that doesn't make it any less confusing. Some people are in a hurry and don't take the time to do it, some are lazy and just can't be bothered to do it, and some don't think it's important to identify the source and that simply [quote] is enough.

When placing quotes in the forum, please be clear as to whom you are attributing the quote. It's important. It's not a quote unless you identify the author. If you're not willing to sight the author, for any reason, then please don't make it a quote.

No one can possibly keep track of all that's been said in a thread if it's not clear as to who's said what....as evidenced by this very thread. So, when you quote someone else's posts, please make it clear as to whom you are referring to. It helps to avoid misunderstandings and saves a lotta time going back and forth about who the hell said what.

When researching, there's nothing more important than knowing/considering the source of your information.

Bella
01-18-2010 7:14 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OH MY GOD *horror* esmeralda 25 9,820 02-09-2010 6:52 AM
Last Post: Tisha