Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chief Rabbi Blames Steve Jobs for helping create selfish society
Pheroquirk
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1542
Thanks received:
466 thanks in 200 posts

RE: Chief Rabbi Blames Steve Jobs for helping create selfish society
11-19-2011 11:42 AM

(11-19-2011 9:36 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  He does have a point. But the responsibilty for it even being a point lies with many others before Steve Jobs, and with each of us that clings to those values.

Steve just did a good job of capitalizing on it. Ultimately our values are our own, and nobody can force their own upon us.

I agree that we are all ultimately responsible. It does seem to be the case - speaking personally - that we are influenced much more than we tend to be aware of by what surrounds us.

It only tangentially relates to materialism as such, but Tacitus spoke of the value of spending time in a primitive, non-technological culture away from distraction and higher body consciousness. He was concerned that technology and plastic, corporate culture was leading us to lose touch with certain more fluid and complex modes of consciousness.
11-19-2011 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, as33156

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chief Rabbi Blames Steve Jobs for helping create selfish society - Pheroquirk - 11-19-2011 11:42 AM