Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Businessman or Sell Out?
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

RE: Businessman or Sell Out?
10-27-2011 11:29 AM

(10-27-2011 11:16 AM)JonJon Wrote:  Thanks a lot everyone. I guess it's just a lot of pressure in this job that's kind of getting to me. I just saw somebody's application get thrown in the trash, I listen to people being talked about like herd of cattle. Takes some gettingused to. Believe this isn't my first time in a corporate office, but I've always been on the other side of things... I used to be a cubicle monkey lol

Welcome to the real world my friend. It only gets worse if you don't start climbing that latter soon.

My old boss let 100 people go because if he didn't meet a certain profit target he would just made 8 million in bonus instead of 13.5million in bonus.

So he laid people off just so he could make the profit target to trigger his max bonus. This was right before X-mas 2008 when the shit had hit the fan.

Dog eat Dog my friend.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
10-27-2011 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

10-27-2011 12:58 PM

That's so scary to hear, although in my heart I know it's the truth...sigh.
Jon Jon you have a great heart & it shows true compassion that this bothers you. I wish you success & I pray that you move quickly to the top, because I believe when you're in a position of deciding to keep 100 people on & only getting an $8 million bonus or laying them off to keep the $13 million. That you'll keep those people working! Messaging you now Smile
10-27-2011 12:58 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

10-28-2011 7:34 AM

I'd have fired all 100 of them too, then I would have taken the extra 5.5 million bonus and divided it up among them and wished them good luck and a very Merry Chrismas. I'm pretty sure that most people would love to get fired with $550,000 in termination pay. Big Grin

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
10-28-2011 7:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

idontknow

Rep Post

10-28-2011 7:39 AM

5.5 Million divided by 100 is $55,000, Mark P

Journal --- My Phero Sale --- Mix Recommendations
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

(10-28-2011 7:34 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I'd have fired all 100 of them too, then I would have taken the extra 5.5 million bonus and divided it up among them and wished them good luck and a very Merry Chrismas. I'm pretty sure that most people would love to get fired with $550,000 in termination pay. Big Grin

thats only 55k each

He hired 60 people back 2 months later at half their salary of course.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
kmacc45
Member in Moderation

Rep Post

10-28-2011 8:01 AM

Keep the conscious lose the guilt. In other words look out for a Brother (Black or White) when you can, don't beat yourself up over one that won't help themselves.
10-28-2011 8:01 AM
JonJon
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-31-2011 4:44 PM

Thanks a lot everyone...

Kmacc,

Thanks bro, what you said really spoke to me, there was no reason for me to feel guilty.

As for how things have been going... I've long since that day loss count of the amount of people I've interviewed. I've also become more critical, you should see some of these guys who come in for interviews, the women are not sophisticated but they're neat, I'll give them that. But the men...Eek They come in wearing baggy jeans, pre-frayed jeans, jeans in general, sneakers, I see a lot of untucked polo-shirts, at least those guys wore a collar. Maybe I'm too critical, maybe it's just me, but the way I was raised, I was taught that it didn't matter whether or not i was getting a job at the garbage dump company or the pentagon, I was always supposed to be dressed up. Some of these guys I want to tell them to go home.

I'm not close-minded though, we work for a package delivery company, so they're thinking, "I won't be dressing up when I'm working here". I get it. But still... Anyway I'll get off of my soap box, I hope some of these guys really step their game up, for their own benefit.Undecided

Human...To a fault.

Arsenal:
Edge Uscented
SOE Gel Packs
APC
NPA
Glace Unscented
Androstadienone
WOLF

Journal(s):
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-A-Fresh-Sta...Alpha-Stud

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Mones-M...skepticism
10-31-2011 4:44 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

halo0073

Rep Post

11-01-2011 7:52 AM

I agree with you JonJon. It's a no brainer to dress up as much as you can for a job interview.
11-01-2011 7:52 AM
PheroDemon
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-02-2011 8:55 PM

Its a harder fact of life that the more you change, the more likely you are to leave behind those you were close with. I've had friends who were good friends who at times would over step their boundries in different situations like work, thinking that their friend ship allows them some sort of special status.

When on the job, you have to lay down the friend shit so you can get a job done. My opinion is if you are really good friends you should give him the hint... like the dressing up for the interview for example. If he does not want to take the hint, that is his problems. That shouldn't get in the way of your friendship however. In a sense he's working for the company, not you =) even if you are in charge of certain operations. Thats how things work.
11-02-2011 8:55 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

11-03-2011 6:36 PM

SO & I live in a rural area. His experience with hiring at UPS was the guys that would come and looked well, err, "country" were the best workers. The kids that came in wearing a suit & tie, were not good workers. That's just something unique to living in the country though because, for all their other flaws, hicks do know how to work.
11-03-2011 6:36 PM

Share This Thread