Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Would you like to participate in blind pheromone testing?
Yes, I would like to be considered for this round of testing
No, not this round but I would like to participate in the future.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind Molecule Testing Project
dbot
Street Psychologist

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
1986 thanks in 812 posts

RE: Blind Molecule Testing Project
03-08-2011 5:49 PM

Great stuff! Thanks for putting this project together. I hope to be a part of round 2.
03-08-2011 5:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1273
Thanks received:
3358 thanks in 1424 posts

04-03-2011 8:25 AM

Hey everyone, this thread has been dormant for a bit, but that doesn't mean that nothing is happening. We have our testers and reports are coming in, and I gotta say it's pretty interesting to follow.

We haven't really finalized conclusions about any of the molecules yet, but how about we give you a little teaser and let you read a couple of the reports that have come in on molecules that each of the testers have already made several reports on?

One of the blind testers Wrote:As Sample B does nothing but confuse me at this point, I decided to finish out Sample A this week to draw some conclusions. Well, I have done just that so here we go.

My best self effects were felt at 2 drops but saw the best results from others while wearing 3 drops. My impression is that this molecule is masculine and social with the abilty to draw people into you. In other words, it seems to draw peoples interest into what you are saying. This was apperant in both male and females. The attraction(love,lust) aspect of this molecule is there but I cant really comment on it. This aspect will need more testing before I can feel comfortable commenting on it.

There is a calming/confidence aspect to this as well. I think I put it in my first report and I can say that I saw a consistant lessening in social anxiety. I found it much easier to initiate a convo or offer my opinion in a group setting while wearing this. This seems to be an easy going molecule IMO.

Now, for some other thoughts. My impressions are that this could be a very versitile molecule. This would be a great to wear with androsterone in a work setting. I believe it could add to the masculine, leader vibe that Androsterone gives you. The fact that it helps with confidence and has social aspects to it could be beneficial to someone who does alot of presentations.

I could also see it used as a social mone. Mixed with a molecule like TAA,(sorry only refernce I have) and A-nol it could add a masculine edge to a social vibe. Again I think Androsterone would work well here.

Thats my story. I would be happy to offer more if there are specifics you want to get into.

Another of the testers conclusion on molecule B Wrote:THIS WILL BE MY FINAL OVER ALL REVIEW OF SAMPLE B

dosage/location
Typical 2-4 drops on neck, behind the ears and on the wrists.

self effects
After about 5 minutes of wearing sample B I get into a motivated mood. Like if I have a class and I put it on in the morning, I just feel more obligated and more motivated to get there faster, or for another example I had to study for a test, I put some sample B on and right away i just wanted to get to the library faster in order to study.
After about 30 min of wearing sample B, I just get REALLY pissed off. everything just seams to annoy me. The way my professor teaches, the way my friends talk, what ever it is, i just get annoyed and pissed off. Its not an aggression type of feel like androstenone where i get the feeling of "FUCK YOU! I'll beat you up!" its more of a "shut the FUCK UP! im SO close to slapping you" type of feel. also, after about 30 min is when the "motivation" effect wears off and it basically becomes replaced by the "pissed off" vibe.

These were the only 2 consistent vibes i got from them and personally I REALLY did not like this sample because of the pissed off effect. after about the 6th time of wearing sample B I became really cautious of when to wear them because I didn't want to destroy any ties with any of my friends or get into stupid arguments.

Effects on others
So with other males, there were no noticeable effects on them unless i was within their proximity for at least 30-45 min where I can easily see the "pissed off" effect happening on them. Like in a study group with my friends, we would all be studying and then after awhile most of the people there just got pissed off and VERY frustrated to the point to where they gave up on studying.

So now with girls, The effects were interesting and I'm going to stick with alot of what i've said before. I can tell that this molecule does increase conversation with girls, but in unnatural or awkward ways. Like for example I was talking to a girl and I said something and she responded with that pitch and tone like she was talking to a young child or how you would talk to someone who looks REALLY shy at a party just for the sake of trying to make them feel like their fitting in.... definitely not the kind of conversation i would want to have with a girl. I fee like l it makes them feel obligated to talk to you, instead of wanting to talk to you... but i guess none the less they're talking to you lol.

So thats my nutshell of how sample B works, maybe this molecule didn't work for me PERSONALLY, but I mean i find myself pretty good at nitpicking the details out of how people react to different molecules so thats what i think of this. I could see this molecule working in mixes really well, but DEFINITELY NOT a stand alone... I mean if a girl feels ever so slightly obligated to talk to you, it might open some doors for you and for the other molecules you're wearing to kick in. But yeah so now for a guess on what i think this molecule is and i could be completely wrong, but I think this might be one of Chris' chemically altered Androstenone molecules. I mean it feels like its trying everything possible to be androstenone... but jsut isnt succeeding at being it lol. I mean maybe its even AndrostAnone... I've never used Androstanone as a stand alone before, only in mixes that had it (which i find to be pretty good mixes!) lol so yeah lets see if im right

And to our testers, if either of these reports were written by you, please don't let on to it. With the way this project was setup and none of you knowing who the others are, there is absolutely ZERO chance of communications between each other or the possibility of tainted reporting due to anticipating the same effects reported by someone else .

You guys are doing a FANTASTIC job, and we appreciate all of you!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were are the impressions we left on those we leave behind, so live your life as you'd want to be remembered when you're gone!
04-03-2011 8:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1986 thanks in 812 posts

05-22-2011 10:31 PM

The new drive to identify ADR putatives reminded me that we have a number of new molecules waiting to finish blind testing! How's it coming along?
05-22-2011 10:31 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1273
Thanks received:
3358 thanks in 1424 posts

05-22-2011 10:53 PM

Well, only one of the testers have finalized their reports on any of the molecules so far, and two of them seem to have totally bailed on the project.

All in all I'm a little on the irritate side and the project is a very sore spot with me right now!!!

On the bright side, we ended up with 2 additional testers, because one had to bow out and forwarded the molecules to another tester, and the other decided to share testing with another member, and they are actively participating and reporting.

As for the ones that haven't bothered to post any reports on the molecules in well over a month, unless that changes and changes real soon, they will never participate in any PheroTruth project again.

We are now over 3 months into the project and can't even put together a single summary and conclusion yet. Pretty disappointing!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were are the impressions we left on those we leave behind, so live your life as you'd want to be remembered when you're gone!
05-22-2011 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1986 thanks in 812 posts

05-22-2011 11:03 PM

Yeah, it's tough to get people to follow through on things sometimes. But as time goes by we'll end up with a group of reliable testers. Maybe future tests should do one molecule at a time, though. Testing 3 molecules is a lot of work!
05-22-2011 11:03 PM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

Thanks Given: 459
Thanks received:
2859 thanks in 597 posts

05-22-2011 11:24 PM

I tried.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011 11:45 PM by Alpha Dream.)
05-22-2011 11:24 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1986 thanks in 812 posts

05-22-2011 11:46 PM

Don't get too down, guys. We're just getting started, so missteps are inevitable. There is some data already; worst case scenario you recruit a few more testers and keep going til the data is good enough. I personally would have no problem covering any costs for testing materials I was using, and I doubt many of the other regulars would either. We're in this together Smile
05-22-2011 11:46 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, JohnnyHard, Deja Vu, JesseJester
Login or register to remove all advertising

JohnnyHard
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 870
Thanks received:
455 thanks in 148 posts

05-23-2011 8:16 AM

(05-22-2011 11:46 PM)dbot Wrote:  Don't get too down, guys. We're just getting started, so missteps are inevitable. There is some data already; worst case scenario you recruit a few more testers and keep going til the data is good enough. I personally would have no problem covering any costs for testing materials I was using, and I doubt many of the other regulars would either. We're in this together Smile

Word! :good2:
05-23-2011 8:16 AM

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Syn and Phero's blind testing experiments Synergist 115 8,437 02-04-2014 1:40 PM
Last Post: Smelt_Funny
  Massive new blind molecule test Alpha Dream 90 7,139 03-16-2012 9:26 AM
Last Post: halo0073