Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Birth Control Pills decreasing effictiveness of Pheromones
Salty84
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Birth Control Pills decreasing effictiveness of Pheromones
02-03-2011 8:45 PM

Hello all! I'm new. I have been wondering if being on Birth Control Pills can decrease the effectiveness of Pheromones? Since ovulation is suspended I'm thinking the body would not make as many natural pheromones to begin with (also because one's libido tends to be supressed as well). Also I remember when I sprayed a pheromone perfume from a sex shop one day a few years ago I got a lot of hits prior to being on birth control. Recently, I told a friend about it who's not on birth control, she bought sexual secret by Michel Germaine and got tons of hits (I was with her). I just bought the same perfume and got nothing! My friend and I sprayed the same amount.

I am wondering if the difference is that I am on birth control now?

Is anyone else on the birth control pill and noticed differences in the effectiveness of pheromones?
02-03-2011 8:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
luksti
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Birth Control Pills decreasing effictiveness of Pheromones
02-04-2011 12:31 PM

hay, i just coppied the below from an old post i did. it dosnt relate to you wearing mones but it does to how you react to them on birth control. or my suarisation of it.
Adrostanone is reported to cause negitive effects in women on birth control. however i think that that may be subjective as below....

Quote:This is true and I have read this before in articles and others posts @ pherotalk. However I have been rather perplexed as my current girlfriend is on the pill. However I do get reactions from "“None when I wear it, and positive results not negative. So I would say that although women on the pill may be less susceptible in some cases to the beneficial/sexual aspects of None others may still require it.
The only reasoning that I can think of for this biologically speaking is that although women on the pill are hormonally in a state where there body believes that they are pregnant, the fact still remains that they will want a strong man to protect them when they are venerable (during pregnancy) and who is also virile in order to produce more offspring.
Woman who are more venerable i.e. smaller not as strong may seek out those with stronger -None signatures than others as a way of insuring there children are protected.
Then again we can look at the fact that in the modern age we have already high standards of social acceptability that govern our interactions and thus "“None will resemble physical dominance and strength but confined within a societys morals and values. So you may be perceived as a leader and a physically fit individual rather than a bully or a violent aggressor.

also there are other factors that may make a diference. ie. age, location, tempriture, exposure time, percieved atractiveness. also what mones are actualy present.

what product were you using and what were your desired effects.
also your mones may be hitting but guys may feel afraid of approaching.
02-04-2011 12:31 PM
Salty84
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

02-04-2011 2:29 PM

(02-04-2011 12:31 PM)luksti Wrote:  hay, i just coppied the below from an old post i did. it dosnt relate to you wearing mones but it does to how you react to them on birth control. or my suarisation of it.
Adrostanone is reported to cause negitive effects in women on birth control. however i think that that may be subjective as below....

also there are other factors that may make a diference. ie. age, location, tempriture, exposure time, percieved atractiveness. also what mones are actualy present.

what product were you using and what were your desired effects.
also your mones may be hitting but guys may feel afraid of approaching.

I was wearing sexual secret by Michel Germain but I'm not 100% certain that it has pheromones in it. I bought it from a local sex shop and they said it had pheromones and when my friend wore it the reactions she got seem like there were definitely pheromones. I noticed I felt sexier and more confident when I sprayed it yesterday.

Last night I ordered Primal Instinct, Scent of Eros, Essence of a Women, and Instant Shine. I'll see if they work.

I was looking at another post on another board and someone mentioned when she was pregnant she thought her pheromones stopped working. Biologically it makes since that we stop putting out those subconscious signals if we are already pregnant. Since birth control pills trick your body into thinking your pregnant it would make since that your body is naturally producing less pheremones (although I've yet to find any hard evidence to back that up.

BUT the question is will the synthetic hormones work when you'r on bcp's or be less effective?
Will I have to use ten times the amount that other women use?
Have any other women on this board had experience with using synthetic pheromones while on the pill?
02-04-2011 2:29 PM
luksti
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

02-05-2011 7:35 AM

i just had a look at it and it dosnt mention pheromones just

Quote:This fragrance has a secret ingredient that lingers on the skin, and aphrodisiac so precious it is never to be revealed, but always remembered.

ok so based on the above we can not say for certain if the perfume has any pheromones in it, just an aphrodisiac of which there are several scents that are known to increase sexual arousal. i.e cinnamon essential oils increase arousal in men. there are loads more. a quick internet search will provide most of the awnsers on scent.

now i can say for certian that there wont be any cops in there as you would defiantly smell it. youl know what i mean when you get your Essence of Woman .

so that leaves only other pheromones such as estranol a nol b nol etc + others which are all female pheromones but dont create overt sexual attention more an aura of femininity and make people around you more pleasant to you and make you apera more womanly.

now there is also a chance that this has male pheromones in it, unlikely but there is a chance and this will not create good response unless you are realy girly and want to be in a position of domination and gain respect.

Quote:Since birth control pills trick your body into thinking your pregnant it would make since that your body is naturally producing less pheremones

yes your body will change what it produces, but applying pheromones to yourself makes this a non issue as you putting on the pheromones you body would naturally produce except in a much greater quantity.

Quote:BUT the question is will the synthetic hormones work when you'r on bcp's or be less effective?
Will I have to use ten times the amount that other women use?

yes they will work i gave my gf a phoro enhanced perfume and it works on me she is on bcp's so yes is the short awnser.
the amount you use shouldn't change but its all about experimentation. what works for somone might not work for you. remember more is not always better. having to much mones on (depending on environment) will make people ignore you as you pheromone signature will be masivly over emphasized and theri brain will shut down its circuitry and figure the scent as an anomaly it cant compute.

mones are only aproximatly 10% of the story the other 90% is up to you.

i can vouch for instant shine. most of androtics products are really good quality. i wouldn't know about any of the female mones tho?

i must stress this point also from a mans point of view. men are afraid of the aproach! so no mater how attractive you may be men may not approach, in fact by increasing you attractiveness it can make some men freeze out and not approach.
secondly your mones may hit but the guys may not know what to do.

for example a few weeks ago i was at a bar with 2 friends and another girl who i didnt know who was friends with one of the others. i had 1 spray instant gent 1 spray instant openness on. we were at the bar for 15 minutes for a quick drink before my friend and i went to watch a film. we came back and after 5 minutes we left. and dropped her home and i went to meet some others friends at a party.
now i didnt expect anything major and there were no obvious signals of attraction to note from this girl and in total must have spent only 20 minutes in her presence, and probably only talked to each other for 4-5minutes max.
however a week later my friend said "oh you know ...... we met the other week, she liked you and wanted to know if you were single."

see mones can hit but may not show obvious attraction, i know that this must have been from the pheromones due to our limited interaction together, altho personality and environmental confidence does play a part.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 7:39 AM by luksti.)
02-05-2011 7:35 AM
Login or register to remove all advertising

BrittanyNI
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

10-19-2011 10:08 AM

The biggest hormonal hazard from BCPs, in my opinion, is it blocks the ability to sense MHC. If you search this on the Internet, it's a pretty serious problem.

In essence, a woman has the ability to subconsciously sense certain aspects of a man's immune system. This allows us to prefer men whose immunities would complement our own to produce babies with the best chance at life.

When using birth control pills, we can no longer sense this. What happens, then, is we marry a guy while on the pill and then when we later go off, we literally can't stand the way he smells or to hear him breathe and much trouble ensues. Of course, this isn't a foregone conclusion because we could always accidentally get a guy with the right MHC, etc. Still, it's a worry.

The other issue is that since the pill blocks ovulation, it adversely affects two aspects of attraction.

The first is that we don't produce the potent ovulatory mix of copulins that essentially turns a man's brain inside out. The other is that loads of studies say that during ovulation women subconsciously dress/act more sexily and thereby seem more attractive. Ovulating women are reported to simply glow.

So the pill comes with unexpected hazards that could adversely affect mate choice and the ability to attract a most desired mate. I believe copulins and pheromones can help compensate for this to some extent; but can't help with the blocking of the ability to sense MHC.
10-19-2011 10:08 AM
xev
Checking out the place

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-24-2011 12:43 AM

(10-19-2011 10:08 AM)BrittanyNI Wrote:  The biggest hormonal hazard from BCPs, in my opinion, is it blocks the ability to sense MHC.

Not exactly. BC doesn't "block" the woman's ability to sense MHC-linked odors, it just changes what the woman's preferences are with regard to those odors. The general pattern is something like this:

1. When ovulating, women prefer odors of men with different MHC genes. This is presumably adaptive because it promotes mating between genetically different individuals, and provides another layer of discouragement for inbreeding.

2. Women in non-fertile phase do not exhibit any particular preference with respect to MHC linked odors.

3. Pregnant women prefer odors from men with similar MHC genes. This is presumably adaptive because it keeps the pregnant woman (whose condition makes her vulnerable) from engaging in risky behavior (interacting with strange men), and encourages her to stay with trusted family members. (think paleolithic society if you have trouble relating this to the modern world, though it probably still applies in some senses).

4. Women on the pill prefer odors from men with similar MHC genes. See, it doesn't block the ability to distinguish odors based on MHC, or cause the woman to not exibit any particular preference for these odors. It actually does the opposite of what would otherwise be happening.

But yeah, BC messes with our biology in ways that could lead to serious relationship problems.
11-24-2011 12:43 AM
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Sex: Male

Rep Post

02-01-2012 8:05 PM

i think it should be said that the change on bcp's is one of hormones. Each hormone in the body has more than one job. Some of them carry out pheromone messages as well as other duties. When pregnant, or on BCP's women are taken hormones by pill or IUD or implant. These hormones cause a shift in MANY other hormones. This shift causes the balance of hormones in your body, and the excretion of hormones thru your:

apocrine glands / sweat
lungs (from blood) / exhaled breath
renals/kidneys / urine
eyes / tears

will all have a different balance/mix of hormones in them.

Sometimes the presence of a desired reaction from one pheromone depends on the coexistance or non-existance of 1 or more other pheromone in the correct concentrations. If BCP's (and there are multiple types and doses), different Preganancy trimesters, phase of menstral cycle, age (puberty, menopause) all play into what is in your personal hormone soup. These will affect your natural output of Pheromones. Your natural pheromone "bouquet" will either enhance or detract from the Spray on Mones, and can change their effect.

A huge example of this is the different responses to hormones at different phases of the menstrual cycle. Women are hotter before heat. Or the days immediately preceeding a womans menstral period, she will have stronger reactions to sexual/mating type pheromones. It's true to me because I've seen it first hand. Could be some placebo effect, but I don't mind placebo effects when they work that well.

BCP's cause a state of SEMI-PMS, it isn't pms, it's just a state that has hormone levels elevated above normal but not quite full blown PMS levels. They are definitely strong medications as they are strong enought to change the nature of the human reproductive system.

I am a man, and do not take BCP's, but my wife uses an IUD. It makes a huge difference in her mood/personality. She doesn't see it, but I do. It is hard to diagnose yourself, like a colorblind person would not notice that anything was weird when looking a some trees. It is hard to know what you don't know.

If you "thoughts of suicide" & "BCP's" together, you will come upon forums that will show you examples of 100's of people who didn't know what was wrong, when they finally stopped the BCP's they saw rapid dramatic changes. It depended on the person what the effects were. My brothers wife suffered from this, and he said she was much better off the pill. But she said she didn't see any difference. He said as soon as she got back on the pill, it all came back, all the talk of suicide and such. She used Sprintec(contains norgestimate .25mg, ethinyl estradiol .035mg ) [www.drugs.com/sfx/sprintec-side-effect.html] for ortho tri-cyclin see [http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic25991.html]

ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN® Tablets
Each white tablet contains
.180 mg of the progestational compound,
norgestimate (18,19-Dinor-17-pregn-4-en-20-yn-3-one,17-(acetyloxy)-13-ethyl-,oxime,(17α)-(+)-)
and
.035 mg of the estrogenic compound,
ethinyl estradiol (19-nor-17α-pregna,1,3,5(10)-trien-20-yne-3,17-diol).
Inactive ingredients include carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, purified water and titanium dioxide.

Each light blue tablet contains
0.215 mg of norgestimate (18,19-Dinor-17-pregn-4-en-20-yn-3-one,17-(acetyloxy)-13-ethyl-,oxime,(17α)-(+)-)
and
.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol
Inactive ingredients include FD & C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, purified water and titanium dioxide.

Each blue tablet contains
.250 mg of norgestimate
and
.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol
Inactive ingredients include FD & C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, purified water and titanium dioxide.

Each dark green tablet contains
only inert ingredients, as follows: FD & C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, ferric oxide, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized corn starch, purified water, talc and titanium dioxide.

[http://www.rxlist.com/ortho-tri-cyclen-drug.htm] If you look at the website you will see the similarities in general shape between these hormones and the pheromones we spray on ourselves.

sorry for the sidetrack of BCP's and suicidal thoughts, but Pheromones are so Ephemeral and hard to see the effects of by themselves sometimes, there will definitely be some difference in their effect based on BCP's.

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
AD-Glace, Certo, DHEAS, single mols
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,
IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,ISA,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,​L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-ETRIONE
HOMEBREW-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
02-01-2012 8:05 PM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

02-02-2012 2:15 PM

I am one of those who can't take BCPs. They make me homicidal, suicidal and everything bad inbetween. I have a girlfriend who is the same. Hormones can be the devil, take it from one who's had PMS, been pregnant (the worst!) and been on various types of hormonal BC as well as HRT.
02-02-2012 2:15 PM
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Birth Control Ruined My Sex Life - Need Pheromones? ink_spider 0 1,770 07-03-2012 4:56 PM
Last Post: ink_spider