Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Androsterone and sexual orientation
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Androsterone and sexual orientation
10-26-2013 4:55 PM

Ketone bodies as signaling metabolites.

The pdf appears to be available for free from the link provided. It suggests extension of the role of glucose and amino acid (i.e., nutrient) uptake and metabolism in the sexual orientation of yeasts to humans via the androsterone/etiocholanolone ratio compared to the ratio of androstenol to etiocholanolone as an indicator of testosterone production and metabolism.

The role of androsterone as a signaling molecule of sexual orientation was proposed more than 40 years ago, and it was brought to my attention by my former genetics professor, the late Leonard Storm, in 1992. See the article he provided to me from: (1971) Homosexual chemistry. Newsweek, April 26, 54‑55.

See also from the issue of Hormones and Behavior: Margolese, M.S. (1970) Homosexuality: A new endocrine correlate. Hormones and Behavior, 1, 151‑155.

And see our 1996 review: From Fertilization to Adult Sexual Behavior Hormones and Behavior, 30, 333‑353

Kohl, J.V. (2013) Nutrient-dependent/pheromone-controlled adaptive evolution: a model. Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology, 3: 20553.

Kohl, J.V. (2012) Human pheromones and food odors: epigenetic influences on the socioaffective nature of evolved behaviors. Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology, 2: 17338.

James V. Kohl
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (ASCLS)
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP)
Medical Technologist (AMT)
Author/Creator: The Scent of Eros
10-26-2013 4:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Share This Thread