Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Androstenone
jacob600
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
5 thanks in 5 posts

Androstenone
10-03-2015 2:34 PM

Can someone share their experiences using Androstenone by itself and who you purchased it from?

I am about to buy something. I think have good colognes that will carry the scent but I'm looking more feedback.

Thanks,!
10-03-2015 2:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks received:
252 thanks in 108 posts

RE: Androstenone
10-04-2015 5:20 AM

(10-03-2015 2:34 PM)jacob600 Wrote:  Can someone share their experiences using Androstenone by itself and who you purchased it from?

I am about to buy something. I think have good colognes that will carry the scent but I'm looking more feedback.

Thanks,!

Yep, I used Primal Instinct (an androstenone only product) bought from love-scent.com a few times back when I was 19. Got nice results from women who were (then) older than me in the 25-40 age range - initiating conversations with me and being visibly distracted by my presence.

Keep in mind that I'm a short, unintimidating-looking guy, so androstenone may we have given me the alpha sexual/status boost I needed. It might not work as well if you have entirely different physique and personality.

I'm planning on doing more isolation testing on androstenone soon; however, rumours have circulated on this board that Primal Instinct is no longer the product it was, so you might want to try other vendors - lots of whom sell androstenone in alcohol, dpg ("oil"), or as powder. An androstenone spray from pheromonexs might suit you.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 5:23 AM by Ancillian.)
10-04-2015 5:20 AM
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1937
Thanks received:
2107 thanks in 1253 posts

10-04-2015 2:46 PM

PI is not an Androstenone-only product. That's pure marketing, just as with Primitive. There aren't any Androstenone-only products on the market. You'll have to buy Androstenone as a single molecule for this.
10-04-2015 2:46 PM
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
252 thanks in 108 posts

10-04-2015 3:17 PM

(10-04-2015 2:46 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  PI is not an Androstenone-only product. That's pure marketing, just as with Primitive. There aren't any Androstenone-only products on the market. You'll have to buy Androstenone as a single molecule for this.

What makes you think PI has anything else in it?
10-04-2015 3:17 PM
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks received:

10-04-2015 4:19 PM

(10-04-2015 3:17 PM)Ancillian Wrote:  What makes you think PI has anything else in it?
For one, the reported aren't consistent with straight Androstenone. This is as obvious as with Primitive.

On the other hand, think of it this way: what exactly would be the point in releasing a mix consisting only of the single most common pheromone in existence (or one of them, at any rate). Most vendors falsely advertise in order to protect their formulae. LAL has done this, some Love-Scent products have done this, and I'm sure all vendors have done this at some point.
10-04-2015 4:19 PM

Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
252 thanks in 108 posts

10-04-2015 4:39 PM

(10-04-2015 4:19 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  For one, the reported aren't consistent with straight Androstenone. This is as obvious as with Primitive.

On the other hand, think of it this way: what exactly would be the point in releasing a mix consisting only of the single most common pheromone in existence (or one of them, at any rate). Most vendors falsely advertise in order to protect their formulae. LAL has done this, some Love-Scent products have done this, and I'm sure all vendors have done this at some point.

I don't know for certain that PI doesn't contain anything more... however:

1) It doesn't claim to contain anything more and never has. It's not like New Pheromone Additive where we always knew there were secret extras.

2) Reports vary massively for any product, between users, over time with the same user, and via delivery method alcohol/oil/dpg. My recent experiences with P75, for example, simply aren't (yet?) matching the trends from prior reports.

3) Primal Instinct has been around forever. It was one of the first products I used back in 2002 and I think it was an old product even then! We only really talked about three molecules at the time, androstenone, alpha-androstenol, alpha-androsterone - and other manufacters, like Stone Labs, were still releasing androstenone only products like Rogue Male.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 4:41 PM by Ancillian.)
10-04-2015 4:39 PM
RTBoss
Olfactory Brainwashing Genius

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 743
Thanks received:
1460 thanks in 687 posts

10-04-2015 4:58 PM

(10-04-2015 4:39 PM)Ancillian Wrote:  3) Primal Instinct has been around forever. It was one of the first products I used back in 2002 and I think it was an old product even then!

Totally. It was one of my first pheromone products, if not my first. I bought it in 1996 or '97. It was insane with high school chicks, so much so I was afraid to use it after my experience at church youth group.

How things change. I'd kill to go back with my current arsenal.

PXS
Oils: Xist, Evolve, Domination, SOB, Desire Me
Sprays: SOB, Love Boat, Bliss, Connections,
Impaxs, Cohesion, Odyssey, Taboo, PSE, Limitless, Evolve, XSP96

Alpha Dream
LIIK v.1 unscented

Liquid Alchemy Labs
Oils: Nude Alpha, Voodoo, Aqua Vitae, Dirty Primitive, Bad Wolf
Other: Max-T-150
Samples: Hypnotica, Wolf, Nude Gay Alpha

Pheromone Treasures
Sprays: ETFZ
Oils: A1 50mcg, AT, GOA
Samples: Captain, THU

Androtics
Sprays: Instant Openness, P83, Turn Up The Heat, Instant Honesty

LaCroy
NPA, NPA Touch

Apex
Imprint, CV4, Style, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas

Wish List
SXD-9

My Journal
10-04-2015 4:58 PM
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks received:

10-04-2015 4:59 PM

True, but for this product to stand the test of time, something more than just Androstenone would have been necessary. I have a keen sense for these things - had PI not been reformulated before I had the chance to test it, I'm sure I could offer more.

There are consistencies between reports on any mix or molecule, including with your report on P75.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 5:01 PM by Ekscentra.)
10-04-2015 4:59 PM
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
252 thanks in 108 posts

10-05-2015 6:29 AM

A few things:

1) Other than the reviews from people using PI, there are relatively few reports, either here, on PheromoneTalk, or on Love-Scent of people wearing androstenone solo. This means there is a lack of comparators in general – irrespective of the effect different carriers may bring. Furthermore, vanishingly few of the non-PI reports involved using androstenone solo in an oil base – which would be the only direct comparator.

2) Consistencies can emerge over a large number of reports, but the data is always extremely noisy. Testers are self-selecting, different testers have different physical and personality characteristics, cultures change, environmental characteristics change, targets change.
Couple this with the fact that different products yeild different dosages. Then further couple this with the priming effects of reading these forums, reporting biases and confirmation biases - it's a tough job to differentiate true signal from noise.

3) You say that a product couldn't stand the test of time if it was pure androstenone. I say why not? We can only tell that androstenone would not be viable as a single product if we have a lot of other reviews of androstenone solo which implied it was a total waste of time. Furthermore, I think the bias for manufacturers will be to imply complexity rather than simplicity to make their products seem more sophisticated and powerful.

I can accept that PI could in theory contain some unknown secret, but for all the reasons I've outlined in this post and the one before, I don't think you've come anywhere close to proving that is the case.

Also – to the OP – I will be doing solo more testing on androstenone soon!
10-05-2015 6:29 AM

Paradox
Pheromone Tester, PUA/PUG

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 256
Thanks received:
1610 thanks in 590 posts

10-05-2015 7:36 AM

(10-05-2015 6:29 AM)Ancillian Wrote:  A few things:

1) Other than the reviews from people using PI, there are relatively few reports, either here, on PheromoneTalk, or on Love-Scent of people wearing androstenone solo. This means there is a lack of comparators in general – irrespective of the effect different carriers may bring. Furthermore, vanishingly few of the non-PI reports involved using androstenone solo in an oil base – which would be the only direct comparator.

2) Consistencies can emerge over a large number of reports, but the data is always extremely noisy. Testers are self-selecting, different testers have different physical and personality characteristics, cultures change, environmental characteristics change, targets change.
Couple this with the fact that different products yeild different dosages. Then further couple this with the priming effects of reading these forums, reporting biases and confirmation biases - it's a tough job to differentiate true signal from noise.

3) You say that a product couldn't stand the test of time if it was pure androstenone. I say why not? We can only tell that androstenone would not be viable as a single product if we have a lot of other reviews of androstenone solo which implied it was a total waste of time. Furthermore, I think the bias for manufacturers will be to imply complexity rather than simplicity to make their products seem more sophisticated and powerful.

I can accept that PI could in theory contain some unknown secret, but for all the reasons I've outlined in this post and the one before, I don't think you've come anywhere close to proving that is the case.

Also – to the OP – I will be doing solo more testing on androstenone soon!

Androstenone is as old as the hills. All of the Veterans here have posted an Androstenone report. Androstenone was one of the first pheremones to be discovered. Love Scent used to offer it in a small chemistry kit.

Most of the Androstenone reports are on the old Love Scent forums. Some are on the Pherotalk forums. Androtics offers it in it's pure form.

In fact, at least 4 Vendors sell pure Androstenone. You can buy Androstenone from Androtics, True Pheromones, PheromoneXS, Liquid Alchemy Labs and Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie.
10-05-2015 7:36 AM

Share This Thread