Hello There, Guest! Register

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Allergy, a trip to the gym and a snack cost her life
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Allergy, a trip to the gym and a snack cost her life
02-24-2015 12:06 PM

[Image: admin-ajax1.jpg]

Quote:At 21 years old, Maisie Durant had her entire life ahead of her. A recent graduate, she lost her life suddenly, after a trip to the gym.

After a workout, Maisie purchased a cereal bar and ate it without realizing the bar contained nuts. She began to experience a rare, but serious condition called exercise-induced anaphylaxis.

Normally, her nut allergy was maintained by medication. But because she exercised before consuming the cereal bar, it caused her stomach to process the food faster than normal. Her stomach secretions sent her into expedited anaphylactic shock.

Full Article

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-24-2015 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RTBoss
Olfactory Brainwashing Genius

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Allergy, a trip to the gym and a snack cost her life
02-24-2015 1:04 PM

Dang, that's crazy! I've never heard of such a thing, but it makes sense. After exercise, there are all sorts of metabolic processes that are in overdrive. Thanks for sharing this, I'll do my part to spread the word - who knows, maybe it could save a life!

My Journal
02-24-2015 1:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread