Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After all this time.. do pheromones work?
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1519
Thanks received:
1357 thanks in 697 posts

RE: After all this time.. do pheromones work?
06-04-2012 12:28 PM

(06-04-2012 7:17 AM)js8166 Wrote:  Oh wow, so many replies. Haha wasn't really expecting all that. I'll reply to this one, it appears to cover a lot of topics

I'd say I'm pretty good at reading body language. At the very least, I can tell if someone is acting differently.
I wasn't expecting much. One of the things that I didn't like is that I went through life being pretty much unnoticed. I was hoping mones would at least get more people to look my way. With something like Glace, I was hoping that I'd get the occasional person to open conversation with me. When that didn't work, I tried starting conversations with other people to see if they would flow more naturally. Still nothing more than normal.
I used anywhere from small amounts to excessive amounts. Towards the end, I probably leaned more towards the excessive side, but I did try going out with just a couple sprays on.
Exposure time: Hmm.. anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. I'd think some of the stronger ones like A314 would take more time to work.
I always kept em in a sock drawer. The only time they say the light of day was when I went to put em on. My room is kept around 70-75 Fahrenheit all day.

This next part is what may have failed me..
I'll just come out and say it, I'm fat. I have been all my life. Right around February, when I put down the mones, is when I started working on dieting and stuff. I only recently moved from obese to overweight. Not trying to fish for compliments or anything, but I've dropped to about 24% BF. I can hopefully get to 20% by next sem. My ideal is about 10%, but the one I definitely see myself getting to is 15% by next summer.

That being said, I wasn't the most attractive guy out there, and I'm also not that great socially. This likely contributed to my lack of success. I should note, however, I don't let myself get down based on my looks or anything. I was going around with a neutral attitude.
I occasionally did experience self effects, but looking back they were all bad effects. Things like extreme social anxiety. I made a post about how I became extremely conscious about myself socially whenever I put on glace. It did go away after a little while. Looking back, it was probably caused by a mix of placebo and just my socially awkward self.

This one might also be interesting. I myself would never abuse legal or illegal drugs or alcohol (lol). However, my pet parrot did start dabbling in these things. She found that he has a high tolerance to stimulants. Ephedrine, caffeine, Vicodine, and even Adderall had no effects on her. My parrot even tried LSD with no effects. Her other parrot friend tried some from the same batch and got an excellent high. My parrot also drank for the first time ever. She drank about 10oz of liquor in quick succession but had trouble getting drunk. She was definitely not sober, but she didn't look as drunk as she should be.
I googled this natural tolerance, and it turns out that there are other parrots out there with similar issues.

I'd say that a significant portion of mone success is the positive body language which appears in response to the mones. There are studies showing that some men exposed to particular mones have more attractive body language. As I've developed a tolerance to many mones, the positive effects I've seen in others have diminished somewhat. And if I don't feel good, the effects are minimal to negative. So for starters, I'd say "don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable." In particular, if you're unconfident then "alpha" mones in any significant quantity may stress you out and worsen your body language. If you do choose to use them, put some DHEA or 7Keto DHEA under your nose to help negate the negative self effect. But in general I'd say; give up on any significant quantity of alpha mones for now. You will likely experience negative effects from all but the tiniest of amounts. (.1mcg or so) except, perhaps, for androstAnone.

In short; DON'T WEAR ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL LESS CONFIDENT OR LESS HAPPY. Feeling good about yourself is the most important thing. The effect of mones on others is secondary.

Personally I tend to be in pretty decent shape. (Not tall, but reasonably fit.) However I can get stressed pretty easily. A314 did more harm for me than good, I think. And it didn't help that I hate the scent of Akuto.

My wife has the same issue that your parrot does with alcohol and caffeine. No effect from either. She almost never drinks, but she can't get drunk on even three cups of alcohol. And she didn't notice a response with Glace either. I'd point to this as one of the stronger factors in your experience.

Incidentally, thyroid issues, depression and PCOS run in her family. I'm wondering if your parrot has the same breeding. She's also had sleep problems in the past linked to her depression. Since Glace, alcohol and sleep all involve GABAergic receptors I wonder if there's a common issue there.

Quote:Exposure time: Hmm.. anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

There are studies which show that some of the effects of androstadienone require as much as 2 HOURS to kick in. Androstenol, etc. and other mones are much quicker, obviously. But if you want to see a positive effect, try androstadienone in some situation where you'll be around a girl for that lengthy period of time. It will alienate guys, of course, something powerful.
But it's pretty consistently wonderful on girls. It spreads the 'nice guy' aura and elevates their moods.

It's great to hear you're working on self improvement.

When a person eats is significant in regards to how much weight they gain. Mice fed when they were usually asleep gained significantly more weight, even consuming the same # of calories. Make sure to get a decent amount of green vegetables. Calcium is great for metabolism, but your body needs vitamin K to use that calcium, otherwise it can lead to arterial calcification.

Hoodia at night can help you shape your eating patterns. Also, quality sleep is linked to good metabolism. Have you had any sleep issues?

A B vitamin complex can help with metabolism as well. Have you ever had B12 checked? Thyroid? A small number of people lack intrinsic factor to absorb b12 through their intestines, but they can absorb it under their tongue.

Best of luck!

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 12:32 PM by wiserd.)
06-04-2012 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Pheroquirk, as33156

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Messages In This Thread
RE: After all this time.. do pheromones work? - wiserd - 06-04-2012 12:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked When was your OMG-Pheromones-DO-Work moment?! SportyCurve5 52 6,744 04-10-2012 7:51 AM
Last Post: as33156