Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with facebook connect Facebook, or Windows Live

Login or Register to remove all advertising

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

"131 uses of vinegar"
QuietGuy
Away
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 112
Thanks received:
45 thanks in 29 posts

"131 uses of vinegar"
04-21-2010 7:03 PM

(04-21-2010 7:03 PM)131 uses of vinegar' website Wrote:  If you use Vinegar for cleaning, it doesnt matter
what kind you use, except Brown (cider) Vinegar
will stain porous materials.
So use vinegar wisely!!

Website's link.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 4:59 PM by QuietGuy.)
04-21-2010 7:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Login or register to remove all advertising

PapaWolf
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks received:
66 thanks in 44 posts

RE: "131 uses of vinegar"
04-23-2010 5:31 AM

Just wanted to give a heads up here. In the list of uses for vinegar under ther health and beauty section it has this tip:

"Remove warts by applying a lotion of half cider
vinegar and half glycerin.
Apply daily to warts until they dissolve."

DO NOT do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw this exact same wart cure at a different site and tried it on a small wart on my leg. Yes, it got rid of the wart. BUT it left a bad burn type scar on my leg the size of a dime. The scar is about ten times the size the wart was.

I have decided to change my lifestyle. I will now live my life in such a way that when I roll out of bed every morning, the second my feet hit the ground, God and Satan will both say "Oh shit, he's awake!!!"
04-23-2010 5:31 AM
Thanks given by QuietGuy
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
225 thanks in 163 posts

04-25-2010 8:54 AM

You used full strength Apple Cider Vinegar ??? Eek

That's a acid, of course it will burn. They make skin peels with it.

You need to dilute the AVC by 50% with water. Then mix that 50/50 with natural glycerin not the synthetic glycerin, Then take vaseline and coat your skin around the wart to protect it. Put the cotton ball in the mixture although a q-tip would give you more control and dab it all over the wart,

Tisha
04-25-2010 8:54 AM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
284 thanks in 363 posts

04-25-2010 9:28 AM

Had a charge nurse that always touted applecider vinegar for everything. When we had cancer patients, we would put a bowl of applecider vinegar in the room to absorb the smell.
04-25-2010 9:28 AM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
144 thanks in 97 posts

04-25-2010 4:30 PM

I use ACV to rinse my hair. I dilute about a tablespoon in a pint of warm water and let it sit on my hair for a couple of minutes before I rinse it out with clear water. It's the final step after conditioning and leaves my hair soft and shiny.

I think people read about ACV and don't realise they have to dilute it. Yeah, it can burn a hole in you if you're not careful!

It's also great in salad dressings and marinades. Big Grin

Bella
04-25-2010 4:30 PM

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
284 thanks in 363 posts

04-25-2010 4:32 PM

ACV is also great for weight loss & as an addition to your bath water.
04-25-2010 4:32 PM
PapaWolf
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
66 thanks in 44 posts

04-26-2010 9:43 AM

(04-25-2010 8:54 AM)Tisha Wrote:  You used full strength Apple Cider Vinegar ??? Eek

That's a acid, of course it will burn. They make skin peels with it.

You need to dilute the AVC by 50% with water. Then mix that 50/50 with natural glycerin not the synthetic glycerin, Then take vaseline and coat your skin around the wart to protect it. Put the cotton ball in the mixture although a q-tip would give you more control and dab it all over the wart,

Tisha

LOL no not full strength. I used the same mix as describe in that quote I posted. That was the most frequent home cure for warts that I found and saw lots of posts touting it as working.
Bella and Beccah, yeah I have heard Apple Cider Vinegar is an awesome cure all thing. I do use it a lot in marinades, salad dressings, etc... and it has indeed help me with my weight.
I never heard the hair treatment idea though but will be trying it. Do you use it on wet hair or dry hair?

I have decided to change my lifestyle. I will now live my life in such a way that when I roll out of bed every morning, the second my feet hit the ground, God and Satan will both say "Oh shit, he's awake!!!"
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2010 9:46 AM by PapaWolf.)
04-26-2010 9:43 AM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
144 thanks in 97 posts

04-26-2010 2:43 PM

(04-26-2010 9:43 AM)PapaWolf Wrote:  I never heard the hair treatment idea though but will be trying it. Do you use it on wet hair or dry hair?

Papa, I shampoo first, then condition, then after I rinse out the conditioner...I dilute the ACV in about a pint of warm water, rinse my hair with it and let it sit on there for a minute or so, then rinse it out with warm water... followed by a cool water rinse. The final rinse with cool water closes down the hair shaft making it compact (picture the scales on a fish!)...the compact cuticle of the hair shaft then reflects light and your hair will look more shiny. Spruce up

Bella
04-26-2010 2:43 PM
PapaWolf
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
66 thanks in 44 posts

04-27-2010 5:47 AM

(04-26-2010 2:43 PM)Bella Wrote:  Papa, I shampoo first, then condition, then after I rinse out the conditioner...I dilute the ACV in about a pint of warm water, rinse my hair with it and let it sit on there for a minute or so, then rinse it out with warm water... followed by a cool water rinse. The final rinse with cool water closes down the hair shaft making it compact (picture the scales on a fish!)...the compact cuticle of the hair shaft then reflects light and your hair will look more shiny. Spruce up

Bella

Ahhh.. awesome. Thanks Bella. Gonna start doing that today.

04-27-2010 5:47 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
225 thanks in 163 posts

04-30-2010 3:57 AM

Quote:LOL no not full strength. I used the same mix as describe in that quote I posted. That was the most frequent home cure for warts that I found and saw lots of posts touting it as working.

Well if you ever get another wart just surround the area with vaseline first then dip some cotton in the ACV and place on the wart and put a band aid over it. Only leave it over night and do it for 3 to 5 nights in a row and it should fall right off. That's how my grandmother would do it. She could give you warts to if you pissed her off LOL (just kidding)........... Well..... not really, she could. Eek

Tisha
04-30-2010 3:57 AM

Share This Thread
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web